Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Moving on....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Bravado is on a distinguished road

My uncle with his 99 Tracker gets an average of 24 with 31's

Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Well the window sticker on my Blazer says 22 and that sure as hell hasnt ever happened..

Old 09-07-2009, 11:13 PM

That's why I'm sick of the Bravada...I want a lifted small truck that does have decent mpg cuz it will be my daily driver too.....Plus the Tracker has 1.5" more headroom, my head already rubs the top of the Bravada and it's quite annoying....

If there's other options just tell me :-D

Old 09-08-2009, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bravado
That's why I'm sick of the Bravada...I want a lifted small truck that does have decent mpg cuz it will be my daily driver too.....Plus the Tracker has 1.5" more headroom, my head already rubs the top of the Bravada and it's quite annoying....

If there's other options just tell me :-D
lower the seat? lol...

Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM

The seat is as low at it goes and and I have it leaning back...which makes it hard because I need it closer to the steering wheel, but then my knees hit the dash...and if I move it back the steering wheel isn't close enough unless I put the seat forward, which my head scraps again...its a lose lose, I almost think it's because of the "8 way adjustments, its heated, and has the lumbar and blah blah" too much crap -.- maybe without all that underneath it would lower more....

Old 09-09-2009, 01:58 AM

The AWD also isn't the best offroad...I wish it had LO

Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hey peoples :-)

I am ready to move on from my Bravada. She was a great little truck, but not worth the expense anymore. I'm looking for another small SUVish thing. I don't want to spend more than $2,500 on another one, but I want to have some off road power with descent gas mileage. I like the 98 ish Trackers before they turned bubbly, but the girlfriend does not......so yea. Any ideas would be fantastic :-D thanks....

I like it because I can get a '98 4 door Tracker, 6" lift, and new wheels for what I'm getting for the Bravada lol
I have thought about this a lot. We have a 97 Blazer 4x4, & as some of you know I have thought of getting rid of it, it has 121,000 miles second engine & this engine is knocking & rattling, I'm sure piston slap. But it has been doing it for 32,000 miles now & the wife commutes with it a few times a week in a car pool 120 mile round trip. When I bought it I had my share of problems. But this last year it has been pretty trouble free.
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9 as a back up. (By the way 16-18Mpg on the road easy @ 70 MPH.) So we thought maybe buy a smaller 4 door SUV or wagon. I thought about the same thing you did the Tracker I thought about a Subaru, Hyundai etc. BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS A PERSON GIVES UP TOO MUCH FOR A FEW MILES PER GALLON GAIN. So I'm looking for another BLAZER 4x4 possibly. I have owned Explorers, Dodges 4.7 V8s none of them get any fuel mileage. The Blazer gets 18-20 MPG on the road the Subaru gets 24 MPG BIG DEAL.
So since all we buy are used vehicles for cash we will most likely be buying another Blazer, so the down side is I will most likely be around here for sometime.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4blazerguy
BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS A PERSON GIVES UP TOO MUCH FOR A FEW MILES PER GALLON GAIN.
Well, I drive about 500 miles a month between school and work.

Both the Sidekick and Bravada have an 18 gal tank, so I can go further between fill ups with the Sidekick....

I can get usually about 17-18 mpg with the Bravada which means $75.00

I could get 24 mpg with the Sidekick which means $56.25 a week

That's $18.75 a month. Granted $20 a month isn't much, but when I can have the Sidekick lifted with bigger tires and still have better gas mileage than the Bravada, it's worth it.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Have you looked into insurance? It may be higher... or lower, who knows!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I could get 24 mpg with the Sidekick
But you wont!

I'm sorry dude but your logic on this whole thing is flawed. You cant compare heresay to data, it's not a good idea. You want better gas milage out of a blazer, you put a v8 in it! Oh no everyone stop screaming! V8 will use more gas BUT, not vs a V6 when lugging around the body of an SUV. your going to find that your in the same spot with the tracker. Your going to a smaller truck, with a smaller engine? your going to be in the same spot!!!

my suggestion, go buy an actual blazer with 4x4, buy the kia and wrench a v8 into the blaze. otherwise just go buy the kia and forget this whole mess. hope it helps! good luck!