Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

My new weather site

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default My new weather site

Hey everyone yesterday I launched my new weather forum.Stop by introduce yourself post infor about the current weather where you live.Post pics of snow and floods etc.Im realy trying to get this thing up and going.Weather has been a hobbie of mine since I have been a youngster.Im going to build a back yard weather station here sometime but for now my reports will be based on current reports from my area and other internet sources.Dont be shy and give it try.I ask that you keep the site clean no bad language and dont post any links that are spam.Thank you.
Aaron C`s Weather - General Board

Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Do you storm chase or anything? I am certified through the SPC and NWS (which reminds me I have to update my spotter ID soon)

Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Auh many years ago I did when i lived in oklahoma.I had some very close encounters of the Tornadic kind.Not anymore though I dont have a good enough vehicle or my ham radio anymore so that all went kuput.I dont know why I havent built a weather station sooner its not like I dont have the time.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 02-21-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Close encounters of the tornadic kind are what makes it so fun though!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos
Close encounters of the tornadic kind are what makes it so fun though!
I was 1 minute behind a deadly Tornado in 94 that passed over my house as a funnel.12 miles away it touched down as a Ef 3+ wiped out a truck stop killed 12 people moved through the little town of Catoosa just east of Tulsa and devastated a trailer park community luckily nobody was killed.I watched this tornado take double leggged metal power line towers and twist them to pieces like they were made out of balsa wood.I had pictures but they have been lost now.It was on the ground for 10miles before it dissapated.I dont want to be that close to a tornado again.It made the hair on the back of neck stand up and was the most eriest scary feeling I ever felt.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran

Ive been about 100 yards from a few, its a rush, but I mostly do it to get warnings out, the second damage is seen from the storm, the chase is over, and it turns into a rescue mission.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM

I dont think you can get any closer than I did when I seen the funnel go over my house a few hundred feet up from the ground.It was big ,scary and not anything I want to look into again.It dropped hail a little larger that golf ***** and cracked alot windsheilds.Im lucky I had a garage at the time my cars were spared the damage.Chasing a small twister like an Ef 1 or 2 didnt scare me as a matter of fact I would yell at them common baby hit if you got the guts Lmao Yes Im serious.When I seen the funnel that turned into an Ef 3+ I said to my buddy that was with me I hope we never run into this big of a tornado again!Im glad we dont have many Tornados in Michigan.I lived in Tornado alley for better than 20 years.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
BF Veteran

Here is one that I chased in southern MN (the wall cloud on this thing was absolutely HUGE) (not my video though)