Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

New Camera, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:25 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

ya, I want something light though, which the d40 is, I've been reading reviews, and one guy who's been into photography for years says his favourite camera is the d40, it's got a faster shutter speed than D60 and what not.

I'll be buying a 55-200mm VR lens for the camera also. Just for a greater zoom range.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Today I was back at the local camera shop and they had the Canon Rebel T1i out on the counter when I walked in. Other than the flip out display, I liked the T1i better than the D5000.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

ya, I may be going with a Canon Xs, just because the lenses tend to be cheaper.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So what did you end up going with?

I just picked up the Canon Rebel T1i today. I got a pretty good deal on it from the local camera shop!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

NIKON>!!!!!

Get a nikon... I was in the same boat as you, but had been using SLR cameras for a few years, and I bought a Nikon d40 and can not be happier. I picked up the package with the 18-55mm lense and then picked up a nice 55-200mm lense....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bushne...6564297?ref=ts

Thats my facebook photography site with some sample pictures
I cant upload as I shoot in a higher quality... But MegaPixel=bs because you need a good Lense and a decent sensor....

Go Nikon... and go big...

Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._.html#reviews

Canon DLSR, $510. Looks good, I'm saving up for it.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Administrator

I looked at Nikon's and I choose the T1i for the features (other than MP). The big plus was the ISO ratings that the camera could shoot without "enhancement". I have a tendency to shoot low light pictures and the ISO 3200 capability in the T1i helps. Another feature was the ability to take short video clips, something that a lot of other DSLR's do not offer.

Not to mention that I like the color out of a Canon better than a Nikon, but that is my personal preference. I was actually able to borrow a friends D40 and was not as impressed as I was with the short trial period with the T1i.

Now I am by no means a professional photographer or even claim to be a good amateur, but I bought what I liked best.