Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Not my week for cars :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road
Default Not my week for cars :(

First my Blazer throws a P0303 code. I tested the spark plugs and they were good but I went ahead and replaced all 6 spark plugs, cables, distributor cap and rotor just b/c I can. Do a compression test and it comes back good. So I guess the only thing is to replace the dreadful spider.
I'm so lucky my wife asked me if I could get parts from my work. I forgot there was a Caddy dealership in our dealership family so I was able to get my new spider injector and all the seals for $235. My dad is coming up to visit for the 4th so this gives me time to bond w/ him (hadn't worked on cars together in nearly 16 yrs).
I drive my wife's car to work yesterday and I noticed her brake light came on. I pulled the Ebrake to make sure she didn't set it and I was just now noticing it as I was pulling into work. Light didn't turn off so I check fluid and it was low. After adding some one of the mechanics was walking by and asked if I need help. He looked under the car and I tapped the brake and sure enough the line was broken under the car. I'm so happy I found that break at work and my pregnant wife didn't get hurt driving it.

Well thanks for reading my long store. It's been a rough week w/ both our cars out of commission. Thank goodness we have loving family and coworkers to get us back and forth to work.