Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Off topic Engine/Head question (Van)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off topic Engine/Head question (Van)

I have a 2000 Chevy Venture and it appears I have a head gasket issue. The symptoms all follow what other sites say with the floating needle from normal to red and no heat from the heater. I have already replaced the thermostat and intake manifold gaskets. KICKING myself for not doing the head gaskets at the same time...would have saved me a few hundred bucks at least.

HERE is my question...should I just AUTOMATICALLY send the heads off to be tested...or if they look good and not warped not worry about it?

Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Off topic Engine/Head question (Van)

If you are replacing the head gaskets, it pays to have the heads at least checked for flatness while they are off.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Off topic Engine/Head question (Van)

If you don't have the time or money to do it right the first time, where will you find the time and money to re-do it the next time?