Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

paypal help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road
Default paypal help

i need help on a paypal transfer. I am buying a used steering shaft for my buddy's 97 Dakota its in good shape for only 30 bucks verse the local auto parts store for 290.00 off of some guy on dodgeforums.com so i cant pass this up so basically how can i put a hold on money transfer until the item comes like how if you are a new member on eBay and if you sell something the money that they pay you is put on a hold until the buying lifts the hold or you confirm the shipping is complete with delivery confirmation i would appreciate the help guys thanks

Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Starting Member
blzrls is an unknown quantity at this point

believe you have to go through an escrow site. somebody chime in if I'm wrong.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

why dont you just pay for it and have him send it to you? I thought paypal protects the buyer if the seller doesnt come through.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

paypal will protect you. Ebay is not like that. you have to pay before the seller will ship it

Old 03-09-2009, 11:29 PM

ok thanks guys

Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Pretty much what you are describing is an escrow service, but when everyone mentioned above is right paypal protects its users.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:59 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Also, rather than pay with a bank account linked to paypal, you can use a debit card/credit card as well. If for some reason, the seller doesn't ship and for whatever reason PayPal doesn't protect you, you still have VISA or AMEX or whoever issued your card on your side to help get the money back.

The difference between PayPal credit (with card) and PayPal cash (through bank account) is that a seller can only accept 5 PP credit transactions a year. (at least, with a free account) Also, PayPal charges a fee for using the credit service so when the seller attempts to withdraw the money sent to him/her, (s)he would first have to accept a 3-4% deduction from PayPal. Sometimes sellers (even though its prohibited by PayPal) will ask that if you pay by PP credit, you add 3% to the total to help them recover the cost.

tl;dr, paypal credit helps protect the buyer but costs the seller more

Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Also, rather than pay with a bank account linked to paypal, you can use a debit card/credit card as well. If for some reason, the seller doesn't ship and for whatever reason PayPal doesn't protect you, you still have VISA or AMEX or whoever issued your card on your side to help get the money back.

The difference between PayPal credit (with card) and PayPal cash (through bank account) is that a seller can only accept 5 PP credit transactions a year. (at least, with a free account) Also, PayPal charges a fee for using the credit service so when the seller attempts to withdraw the money sent to him/her, (s)he would first have to accept a 3-4% deduction from PayPal. Sometimes sellers (even though its prohibited by PayPal) will ask that if you pay by PP credit, you add 3% to the total to help them recover the cost.

tl;dr, paypal credit helps protect the buyer but costs the seller more
Great info

Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 PM
mikeeuro is on a distinguished road

Only other advice I could give is if there is a problem, such as not getting the part, don't wait to long before contacting paypal about it. Unless they've changed it, they have a time limit on how long they can recover your money for you. I think it's a few months, but if someone's giving you the runaround that time can go by quick.