Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Paypal Scam email.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paypal Scam email.

Be aware someone is sending an email pretending to be from Paypal to try and get personal and bank information.
Here's what I got. Do not follow the link!

Dear valued PayPal member:

Identity protection matters. And PayPal works day and night to help keep your identity safe. That's why it has come to our attention that your PayPal account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.
To login to your PayPal account and update your records click on the following link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-submit&dispatch
Thank You for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team

Old 06-07-2009, 03:43 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

thanks for the heads up!!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Never click on any links from any emails you get. So many of these groups are so good at making fake emails. If you get an email concerning one of your accounts, physically type in the address and check your account. To help the problem, forward the email you receive to the company the email concerns. Most companies have a special email address that you can mail scam emails to for their review.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been getting a lot of paypal emails lately... I haven't opened any, but this makes me wonder....

Old 06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

The great ones are when I get paypal stuff like that, I don't have a paypal account

Old 06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I've used to get those emails as well. I've contacted Paypal regarding these emails and they refered me to a link to report these emails. Also they informed me that if they do email me it will have my name versus "Dear valued Paypal Member".

Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Wait that wasn't PayPal?!!? then why the hell did they need my SSN and Account info? I hope the "Small Test transaction that will be refunded shortly" was at least on the up and up!
Next I suppose you're going to tell me the guy selling me a house that is "out of country on vacation", but needs the money "in an escrow account until the transaction is complete" is a fraud too?
Relax people. You have to trust someone, right?
**Note** If you trust me, PM me for a great investment secret that I will only share with close friends... All you have to do is wire me the money, I'll put it into "this killer investment" for you...

Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL...I don't wanna buy a bridge right now though!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
maximino is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the warning... it's well written and looks legit, that must've victimized some people by now...

Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road
Default Spoof emails

I've been on Ebay for more than a few years and used to work with Trek bicycles and their Efraud (internet and Ebay type stuff) division...

Those emails can be sent to the following two emails:

For Ebay - Spoof@Ebay.com
For Paypal - Spoof@paypal.com

Forward any suspect emails to them and they will let you know for sure if it's legit or not.