Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

the price of freedom FOUND!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the price of freedom FOUND!

It would seem that some politicians in a city council, even after having a Memorial GIVEN to them... still dont want to foot the bill.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...Eternal.Flame/
http://www.mohavedailynews.com/artic...story/top1.txt

so it would seem that rather than turn it down.. (understandably) the city council members rushed to shut it off.... because we cant have it eating into their "Private Expenses" budget!

“They knew about it. This is no surprise, or it shouldn't be,” McClure said. “These figures were projected when it was being built ... so for them to come along and say, ‘Well, gee, we didn't expect to pay that much' is just a slap in the face.”

Please feel free to write letters and make telephone calls to representatives, etc.
perhaps the Federal parks and rec could take it over.... Bullhead doesnt deserve the honor.

I am going to go throw up now.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: the price of freedom FOUND!

Or, why would the gas company not furnish the gas for free or, at least, at cost? I have tosay that $11,500 a year is quite expensive.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It upsets me how our Veterans are repaid after they have given so much for our country, and this is just just 1 example!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

The saddest part is that they really don't see what they have done wrong.
When I think of My Son going to School stateside, and my Parents going to Bingo; I also think of all of the Men and Women that Fought to give us the Liberty and freedom to persue our lives without fear and oppression
My Wife is a Filippina (Female Philippine Citizen) and even SHE Owes her freedoms to the Men and Women of the U.S. Armed Forces.
but I guess $961 is too much to ask to keep a fire lit at home....

its not so much the Dollar amount...
at the first sign of trouble, the immediate reaction was "TURN IT OFF"

I wonder, what if the guys at the Bulge has said F*CK THIS! it's too cold... Lets leave."

Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM
quik1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Goddam! My father died in Nam and my son Fought in Iraq. If these greedy a##hole politicians dont want to foot the bill then screw them in the next election.
and if they need money for gas take 5 bucks from the goverment for every man and woman that has been killed in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN that will keep the fire of Freedom lit for quite a while.