Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

rockauto problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 05:07 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation RockAuto not taking credit card solution (mine at least)

I saw this thread and thought I'd chime in and tell you what I learned about ordering from Rock Auto.

They use a third party verification scheme that at least for my OS (Win 7 pro) and using the Chrome browser always fails.

My solution was to use Firefox. The transaction with my credit card (MC) goes through just fine.

Although just two days ago I tried to place an order with RA and had forgotten I had to use Firefox.

I tried paying with my PayPal account too while using Chrome and did not work either. I suspect the same solution might work but I have not tested it.

Hope this helps,

Christine

Old 10-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Beginning Member
JTWard is on a distinguished road

Well I don't in any way bash RockAuto. They sell just everything to fix my 28 year old Blazer. They ship pretty dam& quick too. As to the PC, when I bought this computer, a Dell it came with Windows 10 and I picked the one with 64 bit. I've had all sorts of problem with some sites. So the way around this was I use Yahoo mail, I have Chrome as my basement and firefox on top. Once I had this combination working it hasn't given me a minute of trouble.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:24 PM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

We had trouble just the other day for the first time,, called the Visa card bank and said it was something on RockAutos end, the bank said they could see even an attempt. So we used the same card but using paypal method and it worked.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:20 AM
Beginning Member

I normally use paypal as well !

Old 10-27-2017, 03:09 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

An update on recent experience.

Seems that my payment problem got fixed. I could use the MC card again without problems. Not their problem that afterwards DHL Germany tried to deliver my package somewhere in the black forest and not where it should have gone. Had to wait 6 days before I could re-order.

Mail from customer service got answered within one day.

In general o.k. but I'm not expecting anything more from a large parts dealer. There still are some shops around here where you deal with really knowledgeable people. Makes me hope.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:51 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Doesn't rockauto take paypal?
I swear the few times I have used them, I used paypal.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Hate to dredge up this dusty ole thread...

But just had this issue yesterday with Rockauto..

I've been ordering from them since '05...Now all of sudden my card started getting declined..Tried Firefox , Chrome , IE..Same issue.

Hopped over to CARid , ordered the same thing for about the same price, transaction went right through..

I wonder if Rockauto knows how much they are probably losing due to this "glitch"..

Old 01-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Beginning Member
Red face Rockauto vs the credit card ?

Well I've been a customer of Rockauto, for a long time, never had a problem. But I'm not saying you didn't, but maybe if you asked them or your credit card issuer and ask your credit card "What was the problem with my order with Rockauto " ?

You know all the situations with credit these days. I had a same problem five miles away in West Chester. Once I got there and I produced the same credit card, problem over ? So I asked the obivious question "So all you needed was for me to take 2 hours of my time to come up here just to pickup my order ???"

They looked at me with a 'Sh&t happens' looks. Yeah, wait for another order from me !

Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Shoot , I would have, just sometimes I am not in the mood to get stuck in a 2 hour long finger pointing session. I figure at some point they'll get it straightened out.

Rockauto is awesome and the next part I order I'll attempt to get it through them again and it'll probably go right through.

For all I know , there's probably some crazy by-line that reads "May be used for any and all purchases , except alternators on Ford products through Rockauto" lol...