The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Ruger's (Pistol)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 01:45 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i got the s&w m&p 40 its a great gun shoots greats i use a uncle mikes slip shot holster it conceals good goes in the back of my jeans at first it was a little uncomfortable but after a hour i forgot it was back therehttp://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/17/2c80938432d44830887757128a1b14ea/m.jpg

Last edited by zr2dan; 04-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:55 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

You can't beat a glock for reliability. I carry my g30sf 95% of the time. It conceals very well and has almost no muzzle flip for fast follow up shots. The times when I don't carry the g30, I carry the kahr pm45. My main carry gun is always a 45 because its a proven man stopper. My backup gun is a ruger lcp in an uncle mikes pocket holster.

Check out a glock 30, you won't be dissapointed. No break in and deadly accurate, 10 rds of jhp 45, flawless design, enough said lol.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:33 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I've tried and tried to like glocks. Just can't get into a gun that feels like it belongs in my sons toy drawer.

Every glock owner says get one and you will love it but first you have to add this, and this, and this, then swap out this, and this, and this. My model 27 s&w and ruger the only things ilve swapped or added was laser grips and happy with the way they are. I have found a 40 round drum mag I want for my kp97 for no practial reason what so ever but to just grin about. 40 rounds of .45 acp........

Old 04-29-2012, 02:57 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Ya gotta get over the "plastic" lol its polymer! I don't add anything to them, Gaston Glock designed a great gun. I shoot IDPA with my 30 and its my main carry gun. The kp97 is a great gun, just a bit bulky for carry. IMO.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Congrats on the SR9, but just curious what you shot the target with? Was the a few shots with a modified choke and 00buck?

LOL...just pulling your chain.

And get used to the statement, "Well, the BEST firearm you can own is Brand X Model Y because that is what I have!"

Ruger makes high quality firearms, no doubt about it. I have a Single-Six and a 10/22. Thinking about either a Black or Red Hawk down the road in .44 mag, but not to high on the list at the moment.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

That's true, everyone is convinced that their favorite is the best choice for everyone (when actually a Colt 1911 is always the right answer)

If you're looking for a CCW piece, first find something that you enjoy shooting, that feels good in your hand, that hits where you aim it without stuggling - That's so you'll look forward to practicing with it. Then figure out how to carry it. I can't stand the grip angle on Glock while 1911's feel like an extension of my hand, but I wouldn't know that if I didn't shoot a few first. Nearly every company has its share of people who will say it's total crap or teh bestest evah - I got a twitchy Taurus once, prefer Ruger to S&W revolvers, and can't stand Kimber. That information is worth exactly nothing.

A Commander is nearly as concealable as an LCP if you have a good holster and don't wear skintight clothes. Finding the right holster/belt combo is harder than finding the right firearm (IMHO) but almost as important.
Sure, I wouldn't carry my 6" GP100 or something huge like that, but most normal sized handguns can be carried if you try.

The best gun for carry is the one you'll actually carry. A .380 in the pocket is better than a .500S&W at home.

I'm an opinionated cuss, but I've been known to throw every handgun I own into the truck to drag someone out to the range after they asked what to buy. Try 'em all, then buy the one that fits you best.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 50lb_cat
Ya gotta get over the "plastic" lol its polymer! I don't add anything to them, Gaston Glock designed a great gun. I shoot IDPA with my 30 and its my main carry gun. The kp97 is a great gun, just a bit bulky for carry. IMO.
The plastic don't bother me, I got plenty of plastic stocked rifles. The feel in my hand of a glock is cheap and toy like.

Yeah mine is blocky grips and I love it. I use sholder holsters cause I don't like the feel of any gun shoved down my pants. I've also tried many different holsters for that and just can't get used to it, and yes on smaller pistols.

If we all liked the same gun and it fit us the same we might as well be shooting highpoints.

Then again I'm told I'm nuts cause I love a simple wheel gun over any semi or auto pistol.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wyzardd
That's true, everyone is convinced that their favorite is the best choice for everyone (when actually a Colt 1911 is always the right answer)

If you're looking for a CCW piece, first find something that you enjoy shooting, that feels good in your hand, that hits where you aim it without stuggling - That's so you'll look forward to practicing with it. Then figure out how to carry it. I can't stand the grip angle on Glock while 1911's feel like an extension of my hand, but I wouldn't know that if I didn't shoot a few first. Nearly every company has its share of people who will say it's total crap or teh bestest evah - I got a twitchy Taurus once, prefer Ruger to S&W revolvers, and can't stand Kimber. That information is worth exactly nothing.

A Commander is nearly as concealable as an LCP if you have a good holster and don't wear skintight clothes. Finding the right holster/belt combo is harder than finding the right firearm (IMHO) but almost as important.
Sure, I wouldn't carry my 6" GP100 or something huge like that, but most normal sized handguns can be carried if you try.

The best gun for carry is the one you'll actually carry. A .380 in the pocket is better than a .500S&W at home.

I'm an opinionated cuss, but I've been known to throw every handgun I own into the truck to drag someone out to the range after they asked what to buy. Try 'em all, then buy the one that fits you best.
well said sir lol