Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

so,blazers how hard are they to find

Old 02-20-2019, 06:00 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
4L60E for second gens. Don't know if any first gens came with a 700R4

My toy was a 92 first gen and has a 700R4

Old 02-20-2019, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by odat
My toy was a 92 first gen and has a 700R4
So, I got bored and looked it up. The 4L60E came out in 92, so yours must have been one of the last to have the good ol 700R4

Old 02-20-2019, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road

oh i forgot i was going to ask how smooth of a ride are these ? like the two door 2 wheel drives,my mother is 78 and has a 2007 toyota RAV4
and oh man if your riding shot gun and she hits a bump my head almost goes thru the roof,haha its pretty rough and i looked on a rav 4 forum and they all said they were rough even the 2 wheel drives.

and ha,looking around,ive seen two extreme blazers with the side piece off,the ground effect along the side was removed and it was all rust,i guess from salt on the roads or something huh ? so maybe a regular blazer is the better way to go then get the kit.i did a couple 500 mile radius searches and to be honest guys it didnt look to good.one in dallas,its the goldish color,it says silver with an auto for 2,750.00 and looks pretty damn clean 117 k miles.not sure what it would look like with the kit lowered just a tad to a nice stance,i live in the country so im definately not slamming this thing.plus im too old and its not my style.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by plcrides
... oh i forgot i was going to ask how smooth of a ride are these?
I can't speak for the 2 door 2wd, but my 4door 4wd drove pretty comfy in stock form. I have a high tolerance for rough riding vehicles, though. But it was a way better ride than my 06 Cobalt, that's for sure. Not a caddy by any means, but decent
​​​​​​

Old 02-20-2019, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I was told that my 99 4 door rides better then a new 2017 ford escape. When I was younger, my foster dad had a 2 door zr2. Ride was awesome back then too.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Beginning Member

haha well its gotta be better then my 95 Z71 with the lift and torsion bars messed with oh man that thing is rough,its been so long since i had my 96 S-10 and i dropped it right after i bought it,but it was on air ride so it was nice.
ive had my Z71 since 2001 and the last few summers ive been replacing everything i can on it and i needed new tires
ive always been a BFG guy but wanted something different so i got a set of yokohama geolander g003 mud tires 35-12.50-15
i gotta say these are the best looking tires i have ever owned,they are nasty looking in person and wider then the BFG too
if your wanting a new mud tire check them out,but look at a video on youtube because the pictures dont do them no justice at all
ive had all kinds of tires and these are awesome.two thumbs up.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:03 AM
BF Veteran

I don't know what it is about lift kits, but mine rides a lot rougher with the 6" lift on it. You wouldn't think it would change anything, since it's just drop brackets

I'm sure the boggers don't help with the ride, either lol

Old 02-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Beginning Member

yea thats what i have too,a 6 inch lift from fabtec,and a 3 inch body lift but i did swop out T/bars long time ago trying to get some lift,i went from 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton but instead of replacing them i was told that by now they should be weakened up a bit,its been many yrs.and my truck had such a rake on it like most gm's , i didnt try to make it perfectly level but i did raise it some,but oh well its just a toy and i use it to haul stuff.and yea the boggers are pretty nasty looking i would imagine its a tad bit rougher.
so i found a damn blue 2001 extreme ( 5 speed ) very close man,,,but.its been hit on the passenger side and i dont know what it would cost to fix it,its not bad,the door,the b pillar section,the side ground effect trim piece,and the back tire was hit and its pushed in towards the back of the vehicle just a tad,so im not sure how bad that would be.im not crazy about the shade of blue but its really cheap man.1,200.bucks 112,000 miles.im like damn what should i do.do you know anything about collision and body repair enough to take a peek at it let me know i will PM you the link.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran

I don't know squat about paint and body. Maybe show the pics to a few shops and see what they think? Obviously you can't tell much from pics, so who knows if there's more damage than it looks like
​​​​​​

Old 02-21-2019, 06:18 PM
Beginning Member

yea i got to looking at it,and you can see the whole thing is leaning to one side from a front view pic and from a picture from the rear as well,so im thinking it took a pretty hard hit,unless its just because the wheel is mashed in some wanna take a gander ? i think im going to pass,its not my shade of blue but its close and has a 5 speed but oh well.
​​​​​​https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d...816560573.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so,blazers how hard are they to find