Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

so,blazers how hard are they to find

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 01:36 AM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road

well i have one,the only one with a manual in it was actually in houston,i didnt have a ride to go look at it and for the price he was asking i just had a tow truck go get it,its pretty straight no rust,need a new grill which i plan to replace anyways when i get the ground effect kit,lets see its umm white,so im calling it THE WHITE WARRIOR haha.ok who ever owned this thing was a slob,they must have went thru every drive thru in houston,and spilt every coke they got in the carpet,and ive never seen so much loose change in the floors,the owner must have weighed 500 lbs,the seat is fried,its even bent back where your right shoulder blade goes haha so i took everything out,i gutted it.fast.the air conditioner blows hard and cold good lord does yalls do this ? i was shocked it about blew me out of the thing when i turned it on and cold too.awesome.

it didnt really stink,it sat for a while so it kinda smells like a 14 year old chevy blazer haha its a 2005 two door with a stick,i pressure washed the carpet TWICE and back seats the carpet was so damn heavy omg,with the rubber under coating and thick jute padding i really wanted to save it but after letting it air out for 2 weeks it still stunk so i got mad and just ordered replacement carpet like i did my 95 z71.its super light weight and has some thin jute,i have tons of sound deanening so no big deal.
ive got
15 ft of 0 gauge power wire for amp
3 sets of rca cables
18 gauge wire for remote on amp wire
tons of good speaker wire
so i will run all this first before the new carpet goes in
tons of sound deadener
new carpet
tons of stereo equipment
so im working on my car stereo right now but when i get done i will
sound deaden the floors,i already did the side plastic pieces
then run my wires
then install new black carpet
then sound deaden tail gate and roof under the head liner in the rear section
im going to put two huge sundown aduio X12's in it,they weigh 60 lbs each
get a sundown audio 3,000 watt amp
batteries
bigger alt,
ground effect kit
rims tires
lowering kit,2 in front 3 in rear,nothing major
upgrade suspension parts with polyurthaine sorry its late and i cant spell hehe
and lots more,but will be taking my time

sorry havent been around,my mom got the damn shingles on her leg and she has fake knee replacement and the shingles attacks your nerves
so she can barely walk,fell down dozens of times,and using a walker too,it sucks seeing your mom get old and fall down so im doing everything i can right now for her
so we will see how it goes.but right now im working on my car stereo,its going to sound bad ***,sound quality 3 inch wide bands fiber glassed in the a pillars aiming up a the roof in front of the dome light so its a bitch,then 8 inch mid bass fiber glassed in outer door panels,yep im going to cut my 2013 WRX door panels,haha oh well.

so in the end it will look like a white chevy xtreme with some cheap wheels on it havent decided yet.
hell i bought tons of parts this winter for my car and my truck,so i still have stuff to do to them now the blazer so i have lots to keep me busy....one thing in my 96 s-10 i put a short throw shifter in it,i cant remember how i took the five speed stick out,i need to take it out to lay the carpet and i googled but all i can find is to unbolt everything,cant i just twist the hole thing,i think so but its been a very long time,anyone know,thanks well good night to all im beat

Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Got a lot of work ahead of you... any pics?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Beginning Member

yea i will take pictures for you guys,i know how it is,this thread is dead with out pictures haha.i took some already of it gutted no carpet or seats or anything.im just trying to let it air out,theres dozens of video's and how to's online about cleaning auto carpets and stuff but...theres not one that shows how to clean without leaving any kind of smell,if you clean with something its going to leave a smell you know.and thats what i dont want.

ive got some pics of what it looked like when i first got it.the engine bay is really clean and has a brand new radiator
one reason i really had to have it,when i ordered my 96 s-10 i wanted a 5 speed and i wanted manual windows with dark charcoal interior
well thats what this one has,can you believe it ? manual windows haha one less thing to rattle or break.
another weird reason,the gut that sold me my WRX hatchback in 2013 that worked at the dealership his name was Angel
and this guys name was you guessed it,kinda weird huh ? rare indeed.

i do have 2 questions for you guys,
1,i want to replace the weather stripping on the top of the door jam,i see they sell 8 foot sections,are most of these universal for chevys at like orielly's ?
2,on a 2 door,what is the little black plastic or rubber strip called on top like if your standing with your door open and right at the corner above the weather stripping in the little groove or drain on your roof line theres a black rubber strip about 12 inches long,the piece on the drivers side is missing,whats the name of that LoL
if you dont know its cool i will figure it out.
talk later guys.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:31 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by plcrides
i do have 2 questions for you guys,
1,i want to replace the weather stripping on the top of the door jam,i see they sell 8 foot sections,are most of these universal for chevys at like orielly's ?
2,on a 2 door,what is the little black plastic or rubber strip called on top like if your standing with your door open and right at the corner above the weather stripping in the little groove or drain on your roof line theres a black rubber strip about 12 inches long,the piece on the drivers side is missing,whats the name of that LoL
if you dont know its cool i will figure it out.
talk later guys.
Start here and see if you can find what you need;

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
&
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=40

Last edited by N. Jensen; 04-12-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:59 PM
Beginning Member

thanks the weather strip is called roof drip water stop and its a wopping 29.95 for one side,a strip of rubber thats about 4 foot long,ga lee amazing huh,
the other is a decorative piece i guess,when i go to a salvage yard to get black front seats i will snag the piece off another one its glued on with adhesive
damn i cant believe the prices,haha im used to bargain shopping on amazon.

i finished my a pillars in my WRX today just need to let them air out,i sat and looked at my doors and damn,i just hate to take a jig saw to the bottom of the door panel and cut it up to fiberglass a 8 inch mid bass speaker in it.it would be alot easier than what i just got threw doing,im definitely going to put some in my blazer
i will start a build thread with lots of pictures for you guys when i start on it ok.
guess it will be titled blazer gone xtreme lol or something,and since its my thread i can share some of my pictures of alot of my other stuff like sub woofer encloures and fiber glass enclosures ive built for my truck and car,lol its crazy owning 3 rides,and its going to be hard as hell to keep all 3 up and running.i have hell with 2.
if anyone wants to build a great sounding stereo system i can help with tips and tricks on that,you can do like me and buy piece by piece and its not that expensive the route i go and sounds amazing,well talk later guys.thanks N.jensen

Old 04-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Beginning Member

have a question for you guys,i have my blazer gutted right now putting new carpet in it and sound deadener,do you guys know of any areas that need attention with some sound deadener let me know now please,im going with some pretty big subs so i know the back tail gate and roof,but i will do the roof top later i did the tail gate but need info on floor and im taking pics getting ready to start a build thread with lots of pics ok.i already did the plastic side pieces by the rear seats.just the floor now.cool.i might get started tonight.thanks a million

Old 04-15-2019, 11:22 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I put a bunch under the door panels, personally. Better sound, less highway noise.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:42 PM
Beginning Member

yea im sorry i forgot to add what types of sound i meant,thats good Jensen thats exactly what i was looking for was road noise
so road noise
engine and exhaust noise
then rattles from stereo.
thanks.
another thing i do and its easy and works,i did it to my truck,i have a spray can of like rubberized under coating and i spray under the cab
i put 3 coats under my truck,and with the sound deadener and jute carpet its super quiet.i have a chevy crate engine in it and its loud
but not anymore haha.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Beginning Member

hey guys,well ive been doing alot to my 05,mainly sound deadening everything.its a 2005 base model 2 door the seats are black and they are like a rough material not the soft kind found in most,i had to trash the two front seats because they were toast,warped and blown out,geez i swear,and the center console which has the manual is gone.im sure crushed by weight too,i can build a fiber glass console just curious about the amount of base model blazers in salvage yards.

do you guys ever frequent salvage yards and do you think it will be hard to find black seats that match the rest of my interior,how common are base models you know,i guess thats the question.ive been taking pictures of everything im doing the new carpet looks great and then boom,trouble.long story,i blew every disc in my neck a while back and 3 or 4 in my lower back,well the other day i herniated the top two discs in my neck,c 1 and c 2 which is scary ****,so i had to come to a screeching hault if i move the wrong way im in deep trouble,so im going to my pain dr,this week to see what to do.

sucks because i was just getting to the fun part of the build too,but like i said ive been taking pictures of everything and i plan to do a build thread with lots of pics ok.oh and to make matters worse,my mom got the damn shingles in her leg,which the shingles attacks the nerves and she had knee replacements a while back so now her knee is weak and she cant walk without a walker without falling down so ive been doing everything for her,its kinda like the blind leading the blind you know,i swear,just need a break in life damn.but hopefully things will get better soon.im just pissed because ive waited all winter to get out side and work on hobbies.well i will be around and do the build thread soon i really hope so.take care..

Old 05-04-2019, 11:58 AM
odat is on a distinguished road

Hate too hear all this best wishes to you and your mom ...........

Quick Reply: so,blazers how hard are they to find