Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

stupid police stops

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Starting Member
kmartin is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not oppose to fire companies in there need to close a road, what I am opposed to is the attitudes that some of the fire police have when they are conducting a road closurer. They look as sour as can be. Now of of course, they will say that the public mistreats them, about run over them, which may be true, but whenever I have ever observed them in action, the majority do obey them, either happily or seething. I respect goes out to those firefighter, put there lives in harms way to deal with incidents. And, yes, I move out of the way for emergency vehicles. What I don't like is there cockiness, and always following the law regarding road closurer. If your home is beyond the road block, well, you have to stop and tell that fire police and if he is nice he will let you through, if he is not, he will sternly run you throught his own set of red tape or even once I heard one denied entrance, just because it wasn't his problem. Some will radio command to see if Mr. Joe can get to his home. Really, command has more important things to do then deal with then if someone can get to there home. Everyone should know that a trucker's cautionary reflective triangle is not a Road Closed sign, or traffic cones on there own. Doing stuff like that only makes a motorist confused at what they are to do. If you think I an a jerk, this only happened 2 times in my 18 years of driving, I drive a lot everyday for my job. So consider that very infrequent. And I hope it stays 2 times for the rest of my life.

Last edited by kmartin; 04-02-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
00chevblazer is on a distinguished road

been pulled over for my PA system once yelling at sexy college girls going through campus one day haha i knew the cop who pulled me over and was on my way 10 minutes later.

been with a buddy drivin a lifted cummins with a 6 speed. he dumped the clutch on a green light and smoked everyone out behind us for 7-9 cars deep. and 1 happened to be a cop. he whipped around everybody and lit us up, and we knew right away for what. we got a hefty $160 ticket for excessive exhaust, $90 ticket for too wide of tires and no fender flares, and a $75 fine for the massive tri ball drop hitch that stuck out 2'. Yeah that wasn't a fun afternoon.

and i got pulled over one time for California stopping at a stop sign after coming home from muddin with a buddy. I didn't get any tickets but got a written warning that i needed to wash my truck because it was leaving debris all over the road.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:49 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I went threw a radar trap and after passing it I started flashing my headlights to warn oncoming traffic
The second cop was much better hidden and pulled me over for flashing my headlights
He asked me what I was doing ,I told him I didnt know what he was talking about LOL
He then threatened to make me have a safety inspection done
I told him go ahead , the car was practically b/n so the dealer would need to make any repairs
Thats when he went off with a speach " your obstucting what we are trying to do "
I said " I am slowing down traffic as well but my way doesnt cost anyone money"
He handed back my paper and told me to get out of there LMAO

Old 04-12-2013, 03:20 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Just after Christmas I was coming home from a gig and got stopped for speeding. I was doing about ten over. Since I was on my way home from a gig I had a bunch of gear piled in the Jimmy, including my accordion. The trooper asked me where I was coming from and I told him I was coming home from a gig. The conversation went on something like this...

"You're a musician? What do you play?"

"Piano and accordion?"

"Accordion? What size?"

"A big one. 120 bass."

"Really? I used to play accordion. I'd really like to get back into it. Do you know of any accordion clubs in the area?"

I spent the next ten minutes giving him info about the Northwest Accordion Society. He gave me my license back and wished me on my way.

And that's how my accordion got me out of a speeding ticket.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

A few months back I was at the bank around 9pm to get some money out, it was about -15 out so I ran out of the bank to get in my jimmy. Then two police cars come into the parking lot blocking me in, two cops came up to my truck and asked for my drivers license. they asked me what I was doing in the bank because the silent alarm went off when I was inside, they told me to stay put and they went in the bank and checked it out. one cop came back to me and asked me if I was drinking, I said no then he said have a nice night and told me to leave.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
And that's how my accordion got me out of a speeding ticket.
There is something you don't hear every day.