The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Texting and driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Texting while driving is reckless and stupid.

As far as talking on a cell phone while driving... No different than carrying on a conversation with an occupant. Some people just don't have the capacity to both drive and have a conversation, but the majority do. Just do it legally and responsibly.
I have exactly the same opinions.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Yea its illegal to text an drive here in MA too.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:32 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm guilty of it in my younger days... Now I wouldn't dream of it with the acception if I'm sitting in ATL traffic or at a stop light. But usualy Ill just wait till I get where I'm going. Id rather get to that destination alive and send the text message then. No offense to you younger drivers (the 16-18 yr old crew) but a lot of y'all with very minimal driving experience sure as hell don't need to be distracted anymore than you already are. In GA the first 6 months or the firt year (I can't remember) that a 16 year old has their license can't even have a passanger under 21.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:50 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

it just became illegal to text while driving, and its also illegal for those under 18 to talk while driving here in ky
i have tried it, but driving a 5 speed and texting at the same time is near impossible
i think its really dumb, because there is no message important enough to risk your life or the life of others over
also cell phones are the reason i aint driving the blazer today
the guy that blew the red light was on his cell phone
its also the reason why that same guy is missing a leg right now
and the reason behind my buddys wreck
and the reason behind a friends friend who recently died in a car crash
im completely against it

Old 01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i dont even like talking on the phone and driving. i carry a headset to use if i must do it but it kinda limits your head turning skills. but texting and driving is just like reading a book and driving or doing your make up. im sure everyone here has taken their eyes off the road to check out a girl or look at something and almost didnt notice the person in front of you stopping.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah its very reckless. I dunno I see more females than males doing it tho.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

I totalled my old Camry Wagon because I was texting and driving. It stays firmly in my center console now that I have my Blazer.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I've said it before the last time this came up; i have way to much going on to text and drive:
Originally Posted by ABN31B
Hmm... if I'm posting this from my iPhone while driving with my knees and eating a burrito, passing a stopped school bus going 17 over the posted speed limit, yelling at my kids, I technically don't fall under any of the things people have booed down. Still in the clear then!
basically with all of the other fun stuff to do while driving (blocking out people who drive like they are more important than everyone else on the road is my favorite) there just isn't any time to text, when tearing and pouring hot sauce

Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I only do it at lights and I only read them. Rarely test back cuz its mostly just " Oh and pick up milk, bread etc..."

Not the texting one but just as important
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1enJr49os

Dont know if this is the one but its the one I was thinking of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_9Uo...eature=related

Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

too bad american TV is held to such stupid standards. we can show teens boning in near nudity, but something useful, like a comercial showing mangled kids do to inattentive (i know what was in my last post BTW) and a bunch of p***ies come out of the wood work screaming about how that much violence is bad for people

Quick Reply: Texting and driving