The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Think I found the rims I want.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default Think I found the rims I want.

After searching American Racing pulled through for me... either I've never noticed them before or they're new. Not sure which one.

I'm going with 18x8.5 with 12mm offset.

Stock rims are 17x8 with 31mm offset. These suckers should sit almost an inch wider than my stock wheels which will put them close to flush with my stock fender flares, eliminating one of my biggest pet peeves ever... my stock wheels are recessed by about an inch if not more.

Plan is to wrap them in some 265 65 18 GY Wrangler Silent Armors, my current tire that I absolutely love. I'm just hoping they're available in that size. Buddy at the tire shop tried telling me my current tire size is 32", I told him no way because guys are cranking trucks like mine and trimming in some cases to stuff 32's.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I'm in love with these rims.

Last edited by oktain; 04-15-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I like em, I hope it works out with the tires.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i think there pretty cool i like the machined with black accents

Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Thanks, yeah I'm going to do a photoshop "test fit" to see if I like the look. I won't be buying until May at the earliest though... need a little cash and time lol

Old 04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I like them. What size are your current tires?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I'm excited to see the shop, they look pretty BA!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran

Current are 17x8 with 31mm offset, I don't want 20's because they'll look awkward with the distance between the fender lip and tire, I don't plan on lowering the rear to sit level because the truck will squat too far when it's loaded down. As it is with an ATV in the back and and an ATV on the trailer it sits level.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:22 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Love em!

Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Old 04-16-2011, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran

should be a good look with smoothie door/tailgate handles and bezels, as well as the smooth black mirror caps. I want some bedlined custom-built rock-slider style side steps to protect the rockers from road debris, so I'll be keeping the rough textured fenderflares to keep that textured flow.

Steps I want look like this and will be mounted under the rockers but I'm debating whether or not to have a step to reach into the front of the bed...

May have some custom 1-off Z71 logos done too, just to eliminate that red Z, maybe just a silver silhouette in the same font.

Quick Reply: Think I found the rims I want.