Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

This video gave me chills...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I would believe the UP of MI would have wolves. The states I've listed have known packs, though. I'm sure there are wolves in ND and maybe SD. Sightings have been made in UT, CO and OR. I didn't list those states as the various Fish and Game depts of each state has yet to confirm or deny. I forgot to mention AK as having wolves.

Not so many years ago there were zero wolves in the lower 48. Sometime in the '70s, I believe, wolves were reintroduced in Yellowstone. The pack has grown and some have wandered outside of the park. Other states have had wolves reintroduced. Last year they were delisted in a couple of states and there was even a hunting season for them.

Huge debate all the way to Capitol Hill. Some folks love wolves and think they should be allowed to just "live" as nature intended. Others see them as an alpha predator on live stock and other wildlife (deer, elk, moose) and want them gone out of the lower 48. Just do a search on the innaweb and you'll be able to find both sides.

I would venture to say that if someone reports a wolf outside of the northern and western states that they really have no idea what a wolf looks like or someone dumped a wolf-hybrid pet in the woods.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

That would definitely be a scary sight.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
I would believe the UP of MI would have wolves. The states I've listed have known packs, though. I'm sure there are wolves in ND and maybe SD. Sightings have been made in UT, CO and OR. I didn't list those states as the various Fish and Game depts of each state has yet to confirm or deny. I forgot to mention AK as having wolves.

Not so many years ago there were zero wolves in the lower 48. Sometime in the '70s, I believe, wolves were reintroduced in Yellowstone. The pack has grown and some have wandered outside of the park. Other states have had wolves reintroduced. Last year they were delisted in a couple of states and there was even a hunting season for them.

Huge debate all the way to Capitol Hill. Some folks love wolves and think they should be allowed to just "live" as nature intended. Others see them as an alpha predator on live stock and other wildlife (deer, elk, moose) and want them gone out of the lower 48. Just do a search on the innaweb and you'll be able to find both sides.

I would venture to say that if someone reports a wolf outside of the northern and western states that they really have no idea what a wolf looks like or someone dumped a wolf-hybrid pet in the woods.
That is going along with people stating that mountain lions do not live in the wild.

Like I said there is thousands of isolated woods down here. No one knows what all is in them. To me we should allow any animal to flourish. But like we handle coyotes down here...shoot on site. Because of livestock, etc. If we have a problem with them then we should be able to handle it. Now hunting them til they live no more is just stupid. And out west where the mountain lions and cougars have been attacking humans. Yes take efforts to protect human life, but that is it. I am no PETA as I do not believe in that crap. What I do believe in is letting every species have a chance to live.

Just shocked no redneck has tried a big foot sighting premier from these woods. I would love to just camp for a month live out there and just explore. There is several views that just well you do not see everyday. There is one place I swore I would not venture to. Very north eastern tip and that is because years ago(my generation still) state troopers have gone missing. Not by animal, but by humans so I WILL NOT go out there. I mentioned that in another post on why I carry a pistol. And the north eastern corner is located in that town.

You would just have to come down here and see some things for yourself. I am not much of a paperial guy. I can read reports and everything. Even if it was listed as 100% not true I would still do my research and physically see that it is not true. Now some things I just have to take it that the papers are correct.

Last edited by Silver00LT; 10-20-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
...There is one place I swore I would not venture to. Very north eastern tip and that is because years ago(my generation still) state troopers have gone missing. Not by animal, but by humans...
Why am I getting visions of 'Deliverance'? "You sure have a purty mouth."

Old 10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact that people miss conceive coyotes as wolves is understandable, but put a wolf next to a coyote and it's very clear they are NOT the same by far. The other possible fact that if someone did have a wolf hybrid are worse a pet wolf is a possibility. I new someone that "found" a wolf pup and after it grew up he had to "get rid of it" because they are not tame animals even if you raise them as a puppy.
But I think MI is just now saying there is a slight wolf population. Anyways back to the movie, they do not look like wolves they look like german shepards, IMO they look too small to be wolves.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Thor_449
The fact that people miss conceive coyotes as wolves is understandable, but put a wolf next to a coyote and it's very clear they are NOT the same by far. The other possible fact that if someone did have a wolf hybrid are worse a pet wolf is a possibility. I new someone that "found" a wolf pup and after it grew up he had to "get rid of it" because they are not tame animals even if you raise them as a puppy.
But I think MI is just now saying there is a slight wolf population. Anyways back to the movie, they do not look like wolves they look like german shepards, IMO they look too small to be wolves.
Ahh should've known break to state something. Here's the closest I ever have gotten to a wolf. Plan on not doing it again, I do not care if there was a fence between us. I did it checked it off...now moving on.

If no one can view it...I have it on my FB so I may have to put it on photobucket.

I tell you what I wish I never made this thread. There's that new jacket commercial where that guy gets attacked by wolves and the jacket survives. yes its a commercial but still scared the **** outta me. Yet I love vampires and lycons(spelling). Weird I know...the only phobia I still have that I can not get rid of!

Old 10-21-2010, 10:06 AM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

^^^ That's the smallest mangiest wimpy-a**'d wolf I ever seen. Around here they look like this....and if there's a pack of 'em, they're hungry, and you're smaller than a moose, you're f'd - don't get me wrong, I'd fight like h*ll and with a knife I might even kill one, two, or maybe even three before I bled out, but still - you need to be up in the air somewhere if you're in the bush.

Attached Thumbnails This video gave me chills...-wolf_dead_insnow1.jpg   This video gave me chills...-wolf2.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by b1heqh54
^^^ That's the smallest mangiest wimpy-a**'d wolf I ever seen. Around here they look like this....and if there's a pack of 'em, they're hungry, and you're smaller than a moose, you're f'd - don't get me wrong, I'd fight like h*ll and with a knife I might even kill one, two, or maybe even three before I bled out, but still - you need to be up in the air somewhere if you're in the bush.
-shudders- Remind me never to camp up there without protection. Even if I knew it was dead I would not bear hug it like in the picture. And that bitch is HUGE!