The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JTalley
x2. Some of that garbage is more harm than good. Chipped keys? That's a decent idea until they make the wrong key completely shut everything down. Just another way to make money...
very true but i am more than grateful that we don't have them in our trucks. i have 5 spares that cost me all of $10 so i'm happy. (g/f has a spare in her purse and another at her apartment)

Old 01-21-2011, 08:54 AM
IrvJr is on a distinguished road

Work for the phone company with the Death Star as its logo. Been troubleshooting and repairing copper cable, and sometimes fiber optic, for nearly 13 years. Good pay and good insurance for the family, so no major complaints.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Kaj
Beginning Member
Kaj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mov4x4
I work for the kroger distribution center (the grocery store kroger) $11.50 part time 40+ hours a week, over time is mandatory.
same here. i work a minimum of 20hrs OT/week. we average 30-40 though some people put in 60. not too hard when we work 24hr shifts.

it disappoints my friends/family, but i have to pay bills and got a late start on my 401k, so i gotta put away for that too.

it's rough, but what else am i gonna do with my time? playing with the family won't help pay rent. LOL

Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 AM
npbra is on a distinguished road

Platoon Chief for the city fire department, 31 years this summer and own a home renovation company. Nothing like 2 full-time jobs to keep a person tired.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Part time drywaller/stay @ home dad. Got my self a suger moma. The wife is legal secretary making some nice cake. So I guess I get my cake an get to eat it too.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian_D
Occupational Drug testing collection site manager.

Beefed up term for a person who finds and sets up collection sites for Companies to send their employees for random, post accident and pre employment Drug testing.
i hate you! alcoholics get it way too easy. oh whats that? you cut your finger? you must be on crack!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Kaj
Beginning Member
Kaj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by npbra
Platoon Chief for the city fire department, 31 years this summer and own a home renovation company. Nothing like 2 full-time jobs to keep a person tired.
lucky. i've been trying to get a job in the fire service for years. i keep getting beat out by "nuggets". LOL.
then again, i'm trying to get a job in California. probably never gonna happen. i'm getting too old to be the "new guy".

Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

i'm in school right now for film, but i lifeguard/work at a supermarket, i also work in the pharmacy there.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Beginning Member
KustomZ03 is on a distinguished road

I work at a research facility testing polymers for everything from shampoo to cement to food products to toothpaste. Kinda boring sometimes but it pays the bills.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Nothing at the moment. Have an interview at a side plant of Honda on weds so hopefully it works out! Been searching for a long while handing out at least 5 resumes a week and get a few bites but nothing that pays more than the government right now!

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??