The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Nothing at the moment. Have an interview at a side plant of Honda on weds so hopefully it works out! Been searching for a long while handing out at least 5 resumes a week and get a few bites but nothing that pays more than the government right now!
Honda, WHAT.....COME BACK TO THE LIGHT, COME TOWARDS THE LIGHT

Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I ain't driving one! Just puttin'em together lol. I don't even think I'm doing that. Its a side plant and the description was Installing/removing trunk lids, hoods, and doors panels. I really don't know what to expect cuz its not actually honda its Voith Turbo.

Besides, Chris is trying too lol

Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 PM

well.............as long as its not actually honda and you make sure they get enough recalls to put them under, before you do that u secretly make a deal with gm to take them down from the inside where they least expect it!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by streblo
well.............as long as its not actually honda and you make sure they get enough recalls to put them under, before you do that u secretly make a deal with gm to take them down from the inside where they least expect it!!!!
hey, don't be knockin' Honda, they make some pretty good cars. it's just too bad most of the driver's are a bunch of young ***-hats!

besides, most of my wife's family have worked there since they came to Alliston. don't really wanna work with my wife's family............j/k. they pay pretty good, and it beats taking poggy.

i'm still waiting to hear back about work in plant 1 or 2 Brad.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM

ya my semi retired mech loves hondas..im not a fan...i love my chevys

Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I had interview 1 of 5 for plant 1 in September. Went good I thought but I got a letter the next week about looking for something different. I mean the work is DEFINITELY monotonous but as Chris said, Its better than Poggy.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Beginning Member
supermutt73 is on a distinguished road

Tire Test Technician for a company you all know and love, but we that work there just call it "the salt mine". Been there nine years and it's the best job I've ever had.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

don't get me wrong Jon, i'm not a fan of Hondas. but you've got to respect anyone who makes a durable & quality product.

and i too luv my Chevy's GM's & Dodges.

just don't ask me to say the F-word. i'm trying to cut back on my cursing!

Old 03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Kaj
Beginning Member
Kaj is on a distinguished road

i've been building/fixing Hondas for YEARS. i love them. super easy to work on, very simple to understand, and i can have a used part in 5mins by calling nearly anyone i know that owns one. LOL.

i paid $1,000 for a 1995 civic. i swapped the engine right away to one that was known to be in good shape. that cost me.. oh.. $250 for the engine, i believe. regular oil changes, etc.. and it's been running great since. i haven't put another dime into it other than fluids and filters.
can't beat that, IMO. did i mention 39mpg?

Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
Maestro is on a distinguished road

well back to the original topic....i'm a cook at BWW....just about 60 more hours at school and ill have my restaurant management degree and hopefully own my own foodshop or restaurant

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??