Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What is my GMC Jimmy worth?

Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member
steveOca.la is on a distinguished road
Default What is my GMC Jimmy worth?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this?

I have a 2001 GMC JImmy SLT 4.3 Vortec engine. Its only got 68k on it but it has some issues. The interior and exterior is very good to excellent. I had written an ad and the text is below to describe it.
What does anyone think a truck like this would be worth? I would appreciate any input.

The GOOD!
I have the owners manual and Window sticker!
New parts
66 K new radiator uses regular antifreeze not Dexcool.
Battery 4-17, 36 month warranty
Trans fluid and filter 56k , Florida car no rust.
60K Tune up plugs, cap/rotor, wires, belts, fuel and air filter
Good tires, Back seat looks unused, leather is nice, headliner is perfect The AC also. I waxed often and the paint looks great, it has mostly been parked in the garage. The dash is perfect too. Original full size spare tire and tool kit.
AM/FM CD player works fine.
I'm the second owner and bought this with only 32k in 2013. I changed the oil regularly (3500 miles) and babied this truck expecting to keep it for a long time. I have all the receipts for every thing done on it including tire rotations and oil changes and all parts and work and inspections. I also kept a log of each time I bought gas and the the miles driven between fill ups. The original owner had work written down in the owners manual.

The BAD
1 The window motor needs fixed or replaced, driver side
2 The secondary air pump or pollution pump needs to be changed, the service light comes on and the code is listed for this.
3 The fuel pump probably needs to be replaced. It sometimes stalls out on very hot days after coming to a stop light or sign when the fuel level is half or less. This problem is intermittent it could go for a month and not stall out once. It starts up right away after this stalling issue.

The Ugly
Scratch on hood looks like it can be fixed. I added it in the photos, along with the cloth on the edge of the visors is loose.

Attached Thumbnails What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1808.jpg   What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1810.jpg   What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1840.jpg   What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1845.jpg   What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1869.jpg  

What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1820.jpg   What is my GMC Jimmy  worth?-dscn1847.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 is on a distinguished road

Best guess is to compare to other ads. You might get estimates for the repairs for your potential buyers so to reduce the amount of uncertainty for them.

2wd or 4wd?

$2,500 to $3,500?

Old 01-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks Christine,

It is a 2 WD. I looked up some of the prices to fix things maybe I will call some places to get a few things fixed. Its really hard to find a good mechanic. I wish I could do more work on my truck.

Much appreciated,

Steve

Old 01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Easy $3,000-$3,500 in my opinion. That Jimmy is in GREAT shape and has relatively low mileage. But being the type of person that could do the minor repairs that it needs, that's how I justify that. Someone else who is going to have to rely on a 3rd party to fix those little things is going to try and talk you down on price for sure...

I wouldn't let it go for any less than $3,000

Old 01-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks , I was hoping the good condition maybe a selling point. I now need to find a good place to put it on the market. I do appreciate your ideas , I may try to get some of the minor issues take care of.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:47 AM
Tom A is on a distinguished road

I have no Idea what the laws are where you live but, here in California, the seller is responsible for making sure the vehicle will pass a smog inspection at the time of sale. Even if the Bill of Sale says "as-is", the seller is still responsible. If your laws are anything like that, you'll at least want to get the air pump fixed so it doesn't come back and bite you in the butt.

And I just want to say, that's probably one of the nicest Blazers/Jimmys I've seen. I can't imagine you'll have any problem getting top dollar for it.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks Tom,

I need to find out a little more I have not sold a car here in Florida. The laws generally are very lax but I have to check. We don't have annual safety or pollution inspections.

Thanks for the compliment on the car, I do love it but I need to down size so I am looking to sell it soon.

Have a great weekend thanks for your input.

Steve