Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What a week!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough
Default What a week!!

WARNING lOTS OF READING AND RANTING!!

So we had some pretty crappy weather on wednesday and some guy rearended my little brother who was driving my dads car, And to make things worse he took off.

SO was dealing with that for the last few days, My older brother was in town for thanksgiving so he offered to leave his car untill my dads gets fixed. I live in green bay Wi and he is going to law school in milwaukee(150 miles away), Had to give him a ride down to his apartment.

Got down there just fine and I get back on the highway to start heading back, Get 10miles outside of the city and his car starts making weird noises, So I pull off at the next exit and when I put the clutch in to slow down the car just dies. I start it back up and its knocking so loud that it sounds like a diesel.

He had the oil changed just before driving up to my house so I figured it was low on oil, So dump a quart in and it starts leaking all over the ground. So I think either it threw a rod or no drain plug, Look under the car and the drain plug is gone. Now I would have known that it was low on oil but, the car he has (2002 mitsubishi lancer) dosent have a oil pressure gauge. All it has is a little oil light that is allways on because the sensor broke last summer. Turns out it was running with NO oil at abought 3000 RPM for probably 10 miles before it started acting up.

Call up my brother and tell him the quick lube place Fu@*d up his car by not tightening the drail plug enough. He sends his friend with a new drain plug and oil, get the car all filled up with oil and when we it starts it sounds like fingernails on the chalk board. So I immediately shut it off and re-check the oil level, start it back up and after abought 2 min it quiets to a loud tick.

So I limped it back to a local dealership to have them sign somthing saying the moter is junk, and on monday my older brother is going to call the quick lube place and give them the option of a law suit or a new moter.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

That sucks!!! Good Luck!!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

and this is why i do my own oil change... least if i f*** it up its my own damned fault and im responsible for it.

Last edited by rriddle3; 11-28-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Language
Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by UberFail
and this is why i do my own oil change... least if i f*** it up its my own damned fault and im responsible for it.
Thats what I told him when I first talked to him on the phone.

Last edited by rriddle3; 11-28-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Language
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

That sucks, but its the reason I change my oil myself. The only time I let someone else change my oil is when I'm slammed busy (has only happened twice in 5 years) and I take it to a place where right in the front window they have an old article about how a tech forgot one time to put a plug in, blew the motor, and without fighting it they paid for a new motor for the guy. Thats the only place I trust around here besides myself or the exhaust shop I've started using in the last 3 years.