Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What are your close call stories?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Well you dont want to know the gory detailas of the accident.Lets just say the jaws of life had to be used to cut the car away from me so I could get out and get taken to the hospital.The fact I lived when I shouldnt have makes it a close call.I know I have a gurdian angel watching over me.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I have a similar story, but, this is a thread of close calls, and not accidents.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Well I make alot phone calls to people that close to me .

Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Best "close call" I've had was in the winter of 2k4 in Ohio. Was driving my '81 Citation X-11 to the parts store on the first decent day after a nasty ice store. The ice was wet when the light changed in front of me. Barely touched the brakes and went into a full spin. In front of TWO big full sized trucks!! And the ice was so thick I never touched the curb. Finally came to a rest when my rear bumper glanced the fire hydrant.
Both trucks stopped & made sure I was ok and thankfully the car was unhurt. After that I took off as quick as I could as my dl was suspended at the time.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Default How about this for a close call

Since it warmed up here in the North country yesterday I bundled up took out my motorcycle for a ride.I have been riding for an hour or so on what back home 1 block away from my home.This lady driving a minivan turns out infront of me.No turn signal nothing and less that 10ft away from me.I going 35mph I had no time to react or hit the brakes.If I had been driving 40mph like I normaly do I would been modified into the side of her minivan.It was too close.I beleive in Angels that angel was with me yesterday again.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 12-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

i almost put it in the ditch on fri after my morning classes while headed over to my gpas house.where i go to college is on the top of the hill just outa town we had a few flurries that morning on the way in nothing crazy but by the time i got outa my 2nd classes the roads where covered with about 3 inches, not worring about a lil snow i went the same way i always go to my gpas house on fri's for lunch with him. well they hadnt sanded the roads yet and i found a slick spot right on a corner i saved it though but i get around the corner and there was a girl that had hit the gaurd rail and another student had stoped to make sure she was ok .so i need new front tires now i was able to correct it but i noticed that my 4wd didnt kick in that day tested it yesterday it works again luckly

Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
4.3VortecLT is on a distinguished road

I was going down the road about 45 when my light turned yellow, having plenty of time i decided to go through it. The old man in the left turn lane across from me decided he wanted to go when i clearly wasn't stopping. locked up the brakes and stopped inches away from him, he was completely ablivious to me as i screeched to a stop. About 7 feet of two thick black skid marks in the intersection. Thankfully i just replaced my front brakes.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Question

Originally Posted by 4.3VortecLT
I was going down the road about 45 when my light turned yellow, having plenty of time i decided to go through it. The old man in the left turn lane across from me decided he wanted to go when i clearly wasn't stopping. locked up the brakes and stopped inches away from him, he was completely ablivious to me as i screeched to a stop. About 7 feet of two thick black skid marks in the intersection. Thankfully i just replaced my front brakes.

Sterling heigts Michigan?If so I know 2 people that live there.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:38 AM
4.3VortecLT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
Sterling heigts Michigan?If so I know 2 people that live there.
Yup, 15 and hayes is where the guy cut in front of me on my way to work!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 4.3VortecLT
Yup, 15 and hayes is where the guy cut in front of me on my way to work!
Gosh this too quoincindentle .I have afriend at 15 and mound and another at 14th and hayes..I bought an engine for my Jimmy from a guy in Sterling heights.
Do do any fishing on the Clinton river or paint creek in Rochester or come up here to Port huron and fish?
Im only 50 minutes or so from where you live.

Quick Reply: What are your close call stories?