Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What are your close call stories?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
4.3VortecLT is on a distinguished road

Don't fish to much besides out on the ice on lake Huron, and some up in Waterford. More into riding the quad, and not much free time on top of high school, college and work

And i guess it's a small world after all!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Yes it is to meet people that this close to you on a large inernet forum such as this one is just way too cool.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM
4.3VortecLT is on a distinguished road

Yea for sure!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
blz
blz is on a distinguished road
Wink

Just yesterday i was ran off of I-95 when an 18 wheeler blew two tires right beside me. was able to keep it under control but hit a wash out got back on the road and the rear end was bouncing like i bent the axle took it apart last night checked the axle was OK pulled the carrier was OK picked up new lube put everything back together now everything is working fine,..... Strange day. Anyone ever had that happen? Even the axle tube was flexing,.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blz
Just yesterday i was ran off of I-95 when an 18 wheeler blew two tires right beside me. was able to keep it under control but hit a wash out got back on the road and the rear end was bouncing like i bent the axle took it apart last night checked the axle was OK pulled the carrier was OK picked up new lube put everything back together now everything is working fine,..... Strange day. Anyone ever had that happen? Even the axle tube was flexing,.
I have been run off the road by 18 wheelers and sandwhiched inbetween them with nowhere to go.Thats scary.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM
big_charms@hotmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point

just this fall i was driving my sunfire with slighty smaller tired on it cause i had my other tires in the shop getting them put on nicer rims any way it was wet out and was on a merging road into town its shapd like a s bend when i was on the second bend the back end slid out i did a 180 just barely missing the rear end of a small truck driving the other way, i waited on the truck too se if they were going to stop but they just moved on, i took off and went and put my tires back on

Old 12-07-2012, 02:31 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

its been a few years now, but when my blazer was lil with just 31s under it i drove the freeway a lot for work. to and from work that is. and one winter morning i was driving to work and the roads seemed fine. the temps were around freezing, but dry. my towns roads werent frozen or wet so i just drove normal. but when i got to the freeway i noticed traffic going a lil under the speed limit. listening to the radio it didnt say anything about bad road conditions so i just assumed ppl were being cautious, but u know what assuming does, and i just kept my speed at 65. speed limit is 70 and i usually cruised at 80. while driving a fire cheif jeep cherokee came up on me in the left lane so i let him pass. he wasnt cruising very fast so i kept my distance but followed him. i noticed i was passing people like they were standing still but still doing 65, so i backed off a lil and crept down to 60. i drove like this for about 10 miles until i came to a lil town on the freeway. this town has an overpass that goes over the main drag in this town, as i hit the overpass it has a lil bump in the road where the road meets the bridge and when i hit that bump the blazer fish-tailed and spun 2 complete circles across all 3 lanes of freeway traffic in front of 2 semis and 4 different cars!!! i thought i blew a tire or sumthing stupid. i ended up spinning across the freeway and ended up facing the right way in the emergancy lane! i collected myself, cleaned my pants and let passers by know i was fine. as i sat there and realized the blazer wasnt running i thought maybe the motor locked up then. i gave the key a turn anyhow and it fired up, so i then got out and checked for a blown tire like i originally thought but nothing......the road wasnt slick either so i didnt know what it was. i just said screw it, thanked the man upstairs and went on my merry way, a lil more cautious obviously. and as i was heading farther south to my work there were 5 accidents of cars sliding off the road. come to find out the roads were covered in black ice and my lucky *** hit sum. never in my driving career has that ever happened to me. when i got to work my boss told me to just cancel the jobs that day cause of the road conditions, because i drove a semi for an excavating business, and the temps werent going above freezing. so all of that crap for nothing. i guess i did get a hot meal out of him and a day off to play with the family, but got scared and lucky in the process.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I was driving down the Counterbalance on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle during a rain storm. The Counterbalance is a big, long, steep hill where there used to be a weight-and-pulley system to help street cars get up and down the hill. I could tell that there had been an accident about half way down the hill because there was anti-freeze and oil all over the road. I slowed down before I got to the spill but as soon as my tires hit the slick I started sliding down the hill. There's a traffic light at the bottom of the hill and there was a little Nissan sitting at the light. He could tell that I was sliding down the hill and just before I hit him the light turned green and he floored it and just barely got out of the way of my '82 LeSabre. I ended up sliding most of the way to the next intersection where the road leveled out and I was able to get some traction.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Just about wiped out my tractor trailer the other day. Going uphill south of Whitecourt Alberta with a 50,000 pound Super-B train behind me... rear of the tractor started to slide out to the left being pushed by the trailers, and I remembered other veteran drivers telling me to spike the trailer brakes if that ever happened, so I pulled about half application to my trailers for just a second so they pulled the truck-trailer train straight (but in the left lane now) and nobody was beside me... I almost crapped my drawers... Jack knifing at 100kmph would not have been alot of fun, especially not entering the ditch backwards staring down the side of 2 loaded trailers.

I now dont run the cruise control at max speed in the slippery conditions. When the truck spins out, I should just let off the accellerator, but when cruise is on that doesnt happen.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road

Jesus (duxtoyz), I would have **** my pants.