Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

where to sell parts??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Beginning Member
Infidel Edition is on a distinguished road

I found a great tub to replace the rusty one I was needing to fix...
But the guy I bought the good tub from didn't want to sell "just the tub". Which is fully understandable ~ why would he want a bunch of random misc. parts laying around.

So now, I have a bunch of miscellaneous parts. I ended up with extra fenders, hoods, suspension, engines, those selectromatic hubs (or how whatever those old school hubs were called).

I almost have an extra 71 blazer and a half! I rented a storage unit (1 month free) and have them covered until the end of Dec. but then, I'm going to have to pay to keep 'em. And I've mostly picked the stuff I want to keep for mine...

Has anyone had luck selling original parts? I've been able to sell 1 of my now extra 6 fenders. But that's about it.
And the ????'s that I find on Craigslist make me wonder ...

Also, when I have a hard to find part... how do I know a reasonable price?
For example, I have a double walled hard top for the 69 - 72 blazer in really good condition.
A friend tells me $750 - $1000 is what it's worth.
I've looked on ebay / craigslist / google searches ... to try and find another one for sale. Then, based on what they seem to be going for, I could put a reasonable posting.

For example, I have good shape fenders. I found others for $100 range. So I posted the ones I have for $50 / $60 each.

BUT I can't find a top to base my price on.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by rriddle3; 11-25-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE THREADS
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have been buying parts off of Craigslist (search using SearchTempest.com for all area Craigslist sections) for my K5 at great prices. I picked up another top for $100 that does need a bit of help, but is still a great candidate for rebuild recently. The person I bought this off of had a double walled top that he just wanted gone, but I didn't have the room on my trailer.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member

I'll have to try SearchTempest.
Thanks,

Old 11-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Beginning Member

Maybe I'm not searching right.
I was checking it out to try to get a reasonable price for a dual walled hard top for 69 - 72 blazer ...
No luck.

Does that mean they are just that hard to find? Or that I'm not searching right.

Anyone know a good price for an excellent shape dual walled hard top??

Thanks,