The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Winter is here, who all got dumped on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:57 AM
Beginning Member
Jimmybeatergal is on a distinguished road

That's it?? And everything is shut down??? Wow, takes bout a foot of snow for school buses to be cancelled here, yet most schools will remain open. Well.... Maybe less then a foot but still. 3 inches is NOTHING here. That's just dust to us good ol canada eh LOL

Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

its 17 degrees up in duluth mn and im outside in a tshirt and jeans lol ...thats what happens when you dont see anything above zero degrees for almost 2 months i guess lol

Old 03-17-2014, 10:38 PM
odat will become famous soon enough
Talking

67f yesterday - high winds all day today 32f and a white out off and on all afternoon - good ol wyoming

Old 03-18-2014, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

this winter has been rough up in chicago. its like the 3rd most snow fallen ever, close to or the most days below 0. seems like every 3 days or so i had to snowblow the driveway. first year owning a snowblower and its the best gift i ever got.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

It is officially spring (calender spring, meteorological spring started on the 1st)

So, let me post a lightning photo I got just to bring positive energy to this horrible winter

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here, who all got dumped on?-tumblr_ls434f1fk81r1pt3do1_1280.jpg  
Old 03-22-2014, 08:18 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Well I haven't been here in a while so I missed the beginning of this thread.1st of all the pic on the end of this thread is awesome.As for our Michigan winter it has been brutal.We have set every record possible when its come to cold ,longest amount of days with snow on the ground,record cold days and length of days below 32*We have 80+ inches of snow and low temps as cold as -20* which happened 3 days in a row.2days into spring my yard is still half snow covered with 1ft drifts and the snow piules from plowing were 8-15 ft high every where it was plowed.The great lakes were at one point 98% froze over and Lake Huron next to me is still half ice covered.The month of March has brought us a few brief thaws and some rain but it doesn't last for long.To top things off Noiaa is predicting the next 3 months will be well below average temps.Ive been around these parts se lower Michigan and can only remember one other winter that was as brutal as this one has been.Oh and the 1st day spring didn't mean anything ,it snowed lol.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Joey1986Z is on a distinguished road

Thank God for Spring! We susposed to hit 70's today.

We have had three 3" or more this season with 2-3 other dustings/flurries in North Georgia. Sometimes we can go an entire winter with no snow at all.
We have also been hit with several days of single digit temps. I think we did hit 0 °F one morning. Again, we can go some winters with no single digit temps, or even in the teens.

Yes, 3" will shut everything down for up to a week. Sometimes schools are closed the day before because we 'think' snow is coming, and a time or two, no snow at all appeared.

Keep in mind what y'all call snow plows, we call road scrapers (for dirt roads) and the only place you'll find salt is the grocery store!

I did live in the Detroit area in the mid 90's for three winters and got a small taste, but those 3 winters were mild 'el Nino' winters. The most snow I saw there those years was 8" and it never stayed on the ground for more than a week.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:58 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

This photo was taken by the satellite yesterday,its lake huron in which I live 4 miles from the mouth of.

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here, who all got dumped on?-lake-huron-ice.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 02:48 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Was outside, noticed the tiger lillys trying to sprout on the south side of the house.. they are trying.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
EZEARL is on a distinguished road

This was last month:

This week it's Redwinged Blackbirds and Spring Peepers.

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here, who all got dumped on?-000_0001_00_zps55fb769f.jpg  

Quick Reply: Winter is here, who all got dumped on?