Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Would you trust your blazer on a 1,000 mile trip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I sure would trust the Blazer, it hasn't given me any reason not to. It could use a new MAF sensor so it stops throwing a code however.

Other than that I haven't had to worry about a thing in the nearly 3 years I've owned it. It's a loving relationship. lol

Old 11-12-2011, 05:30 AM
Fahad is on a distinguished road

A good condition car what ever it was is safe to be driven, Just check all important things before you kick off your trip. I trust my 82' k5 blazer on any trip even if it was over 1000 mile .

Old 11-12-2011, 07:03 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Yeah, I'd trust the blaze to make that trip. We've been through a lot together. But no way would I ever trust a ford.

Found
On
Road
Dead

Sad thing is, only thing that ever went out on my Ford was the alternator(it was 20 years old) and the egr valve.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:25 AM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Here's my change, I would absolutely trust a blazer on a 1k trip. Past experience has never let me down even when it should have. Case in point: my dads '89 s-15 gypsy with 350k on the clock. We took a trip from florida to pa. with an empty trailer. Got to pa and picked up a motorcycle. Went to ohio and cleaned out most of a storage unit. When all was said and done, the trailer leaf springs were completely flat instead of arched and the truck was so overloaded the rear axle partially crushed the exhaust pipe! THEN we come back to florida we were ~50 miles from home and the trailer slung its tread off! thankfully the balloon held and I was able to drive 20 miles out of my way to find a tire shop that would switch tires for me. The old Gypsy girl didnt even complain the whole trip.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:14 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Btw fastforward, here is a whole list for ya.
DODGE - Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere
Whats crazy is, a few years back I was bored and thinking of a good one for dodge. I had never seen or heard that one until later. But for that one yea or so, I thought it was cool that I made that one up.. too bad my little glory didn't last

Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Btw fastforward, here is a whole list for ya.

HONDA - Horsepower Option Never Did Appear
DODGE - Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere
JEEP - Just Eats Every Part
PORSCHE - Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything
FIAT - Fix It Again Tony!
FIAT - Feeble Italians Attempting Transportation
CHEVROLET - Car Has Excessive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
CHEVROLET - Cheap Heap, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time
SAAB - Swedish Automobile, Always Broken
GMC - Garage Man's Companion
BMW - Big Money Waste
BMW - Break my Window
TOYOTA - The One You Ought To Avoid
BUICK - Butt Ugly Idiotic Crap Kicker
PONTIAC - Poor Old Nut Thinks Its A Cadillac
OLDSMOBILE - Old Ladies Driving Slow Make Others Behind Infuriatingly Late Everyday
ACURA - Asia's Curse Upon Rural America
HYUNDAI - Hope You Understand, Nothing's Driveable And Inexpensive
MOPAR - My Only Problems Are Repairs
PLYMOUTH - Please Leave Your Money Out Under The Hood
FORD - Found On Road Dead
FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily
You missed one, or a few
Cracked Heads Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Engine Ticks - Chevrolet
Dirty Old Damn Gas Eater - Dodge
F*#ked Over Reconditioned Dodge - Ford

And an old saying I heard from an old redneck die hard chevy guy.
"Never buy a car from a company that circles their mistakes" - Said while speaking of ford

I personally have nothing against ford....My girl has had her car for 10 years and it's been through 2 accidents and has never had to have ANYTHING replaced (other than body work) that hasn't been regular maintenance. My Blazer however has had $4000 of work put into it in the last 4 months....and it was meticulously maintained by the original owner.

Last edited by Mike98Blazer; 11-13-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
I personally have nothing against ford....My girl has had her car for 10 years and it's been through 2 accidents and has never had to have ANYTHING replaced (other than body work) that hasn't been regular maintenance. My Blazer however has had $4000 of work put into it in the last 4 months....and it was meticulously maintained by the original owner.
Yeah I love my Jimmy but in the year i've owned it i've put $5000+ into it, my old ford truck I had for 3 years, I put in $1500 at the most. lol

Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

Yeah I'd trust the Blazer no sweat. But like a lot of others on here, it's had quite a bit of work done while I've had it. My Caravan has ran like a fine watch for the 6 years I've had it, up until recently it started running a little ruff. 2 years ago I hopped in the Dodge one day and drove to Chicago and back, although it did eat a about a half quart of oil in 800 miles. Never missed a beat and got 24 mpg to boot. On the Ford thing, give me a new Lariat F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 and I wouldn't be complaining

Old 11-13-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by nineTnine
Yeah I'd trust the Blazer no sweat. But like a lot of others on here, it's had quite a bit of work done while I've had it. My Caravan has ran like a fine watch for the 6 years I've had it, up until recently it started running a little ruff. 2 years ago I hopped in the Dodge one day and drove to Chicago and back, although it did eat a about a half quart of oil in 800 miles. Never missed a beat and got 24 mpg to boot. On the Ford thing, give me a new Lariat F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 and I wouldn't be complaining
Or a new ford Raptor!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would drive mine every where I went if it got better gas mileage. For the longer trips we take our 2008 Camry though. 30+ MPG > 16 MPG.

Quick Reply: Would you trust your blazer on a 1,000 mile trip?