Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wow....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Wow....

I haven't been on here in, well what seems like forever. Too long. Way too long.

So, update! Calendars were finally sent out like....a month and a half ago? Maybe. My memory sucks. I've been going through so much stress. Some of you know that I was fired and you all know how that goes. :\ But, now things are starting to look up! Husband has a VERY good job. Hell, it's more a career for him. [He's building TVs, Blu-ray/DVD players, etc. for private jets] I still don't have a job, but at least we have something coming in.

As for my beautiful baby, that sexy green Blazer I flaunt around, she's broken, yet again. The rear end is going for the second time. This goes to show, that if you're having money problems, SAVE AND REBUILD THE DAMN REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY!!! Better then buying a used one and having to replace it again 3 months down the road.

But, yeah, since she was our only vehicle at the time, we've gotten another car. Got the hubby his very own 2002 Firebird. Just the plain V6 3800 series. All stock. Has some minor repairs ahead of her. Nothing serious like needing a new rear axle assembly. She's not a sports car, that's for sure. Looks like one, but she's just a cruiser. lol

We're not selling the Blazer though. Don't you all worry. She's my baby until I have a baby and will still be even then. lol We're going to rebuild the rear end this time. No screwing around. Though we know the dangers, we're going to try and rebuild the rear end ourselves. We've got a kit in mind from Summit Racing, it just doesn't come with the axle bearings or seals. Ratech 329K Is the link to the product. If anyone has any feedback on that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if we can afford it, we are more likely to have a professional rebuild the rear end. That way, if they screw up, they have to replace everything. I'll make them sign a legal paper if I have to. lol

Oh! Something else interesting to laugh at, but has absolutely nothing to do with vehicles, period. I fell off a horse. Oh yeah. My dumb-*** fell off a horse. Wasn't of any fault of myself or the horse. The owner didn't put the right saddle on the animal. Slid straight forward over his head while going down an steep hill. But, I will not bore you with that crap. You are all smarter than me and stick to rubber, not hooves. lol

Anyways, it's so good to be back. I still may not be super active, but I'm here. You all can't get rid of this Chevy-chick.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome back it's been a while glad to hear your keeping the blaze.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:28 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Welcome back, was beginning to wonder where you went