Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Your First Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:52 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
That must be it. I was just wondering why it's sitting on the ground? It looks as though there isn't any clearance there at all.
X2.... That just seems weird to me.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member
Ttomes is on a distinguished road

Well, my first car was a 53 Pontiac convertible. Had a straight 8 flathead, the top had to be put up and down by hand. That was in about 1965. No pics, that was before they had cameras!!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
BusaJoe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by d666
my first car was a 84 pontiac phoenix...got wrecked at 460.000km on the same engine 2.8l.had several others cars but this one im gonna keep it for life,my 77 skylark 454 bbc.got it for 200$ when i was 17..
The only way to make that better is to put a Big Block Buick in that! Beautifull car!
My first car was a 1959 4dr chevy Bel Air paid 50 bucks for it. Then a 70 2dr plymouth Satelite paid 500 for it. Next was a 72 Buick Skylark convertible gave 700 for it. Then a 70 Buick GS350 gave 475 for it. then my 80 Z28. Then my baby, 70 GS455. Got it from the original owner in 1987. I gave her 1200 bucks for her.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Name:  awcmA.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  43.6 KB

my 97 Taurus. Parents got it right before I started driving and I used it as my daily to school/work. When I got out of school that gave me the title as a present. At its prime had a full remote start/alarm, 4 channel, alpines in the doors, folding screen, and 2 sony 15 inch explodes in the truck. maybe 18 months ago the transmission started giving me problems, and I had known for a while it was a weak spot on those cars. My mechanic said it could go out tomorrow or in 2 years. About a month after that I got my blazer, and oddly enough the Taurus runs fantastic today. Its now my moms daily driver since my brother burned out her mustang.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

First car
suzuki 056.jpg

second car
suzuki 001 (2).jpg

After that I had a pos ford then a 96 Jimmy and a 74 FJ40

suzuki 063.jpg

After I moved to Norway I have had 2 lwb samurais, a suzuki baleno (esteem) wagon. Now I have a 99 Blazer and a 97 (old style) mini cooper.

Attached Thumbnails Your First Car-suzuki-056.jpg   Your First Car-suzuki-001-2-.jpg   Your First Car-suzuki-063.jpg  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Curtis....you had a Nova and gave it up!? Seriously... . Crazy! lol. Really nice car though. Looks like it's in sweet condition in that pic. How old were you in that pic? you look so young lol.
i know! and Curtis, you should've tied up your brother before leaving, or at least showed him what would've happend to him, if the car moved.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i had an 89 olds delta 88 with leather interior i liked that car

Old 12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Lol... a Silver 2003 Cavalier, 4 spd Auto, I paid 6grand for it, another 1300 for motegi rims wrapped in Pirelli Fierce tires. I loved that car, peppy and would turn on a dime. My mom bought it back from me and I put out the difference for my Blazer... To this day there's a clunking in the rear suspension from my Stig-wannabe driving style lol. I showed a few civics who was boss with that thing too... I lost the time slips though from the track... 140 hp out of a 2.2L 4 banger in that light of a car was alot of fun... The E-brake is still worn from the winter that Tokyo Drift came out lol.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

First Car I owned- 1984 GMC with a 305.

Before my grandpa bought it, it had been stolen. Well, the illegals who stole it got caught on their way to Mexico in Mississippi and had switched out the GMC grille and tailgate for Chevy ones. Grandpa bought it in 99 with the hopes of keeping the miles off of his 96 F150, but never drove the 84. As my 16th birthday approached and I was looking for a car to buy myself, my grandpa walks up to me and hands me the keys to it. I had 5k saved up and parents insisted that they atleast help me with my intentions of buying myself a car, since 2 years prior they bougt my sis a new 04 Neon. But when this fell into my lap I had to take so as to not insult my grandpa's generosity.

The 305 had a 2bbl on it and constantly needed to rebuild the carb (was not going to pay $500+ for a new one when complete used 350s were the same price). Rebuilt the transmission. Replaced all the belts and hoses myself. Took off the cat and muffler myself and the thing sounded great, well... at the time I thought it did haha. Painted the entire interior myself and freshened it up. Got an aftermarket billet grille put on it... and wrecked it. Wasn't major damage so I fixed it up and now had an excuse for a paint job. Had to replace the headlight set up with the 1985 style. Got a tonneau bed cover put on. Custom paint on the stock rims. And then the 305 became too big of a safety issue one day on a turn when it sudenly shut off on me. I said screw it and....

First car I bought- 2000 Pontiac Firebird.

Loved loved loved this car and still do. Catback exhaust, hi-flow cat, headers, smooth air lid, cold air intake, k&n filter, strut tower bar, sub frame connectors, adjustable PHB, painted the rims and calipers, and put on a Trans Am hi-rise hatch & spoiler. Tried to put on 1.9 rocker arms but ended up blowing out my valve seals. So now she burns oil and sits until I can address it.

84- Stock

84- Sold to my sister's bf

Firebird- Stock

Firebird- Today

Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

1980 Chevy step-side 4X4 midnight blue, except for the part of the wheel well the guy I bought from hit a telephone pole. Manual trans with a granny gear. Great truck, but the folks sold it when I went away to college. I guess that was the "rearing fee". LOL. If find another one I'll probably buy it.

Although it was ALMOST a 1969 Mustang with the factory modified 289, maroon with a black ragtop. It was my mom's but the parents had a moment of clarity and sold it about 6 months before I was able to drive. Probably why I still live!

Last edited by oisinirish; 12-10-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Your First Car