Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

5" 6" lowered Blazer

Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Beginning Member
S10Blazerdude is on a distinguished road

I just found a kit online that drops my blazer 5" in the front and 6" in the rear.....if i were to put that on.....what would i need to do? Would i have to cut something so everything still rides right or what? or is it even worth doing?

Ok I found a bolt on Roll Pan and a paintable front bumper for it also......I lower it with the 5-6 lower kit then put those bumpers on it and then Tint the windows....and put some sounds in it and call it good.....I will have to make a Build Thread and show you guys what it look like.....at the end of this month when I get money I will start it up.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-29-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

What does the kit include? There are lots of ways to do it, so without knowing the kit, it's hard to say. What do you mean is it "worth doing"? What is the reason you want to lower it--looks or something else?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Beginning Member

Kit includes 3" drop springs 2" drop spindles.....3" drop leaf springs and 3" drop blocks....Is it worth doing as in if i have to cut the frame....i dont wanan do it.....The reason id for looks yeah.....Thank you for the feed back!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Hmmm... with 6 inches in the rear you may need C notches in the frame so you don't bottom out on the frame as easy... You can go the bolt in route, but you'll still have to cut the frame.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/notches/bolt-c-notch-kit

For that reason, I'd only do a 2/3, or 3/3. a 5/6 is damn low.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Beginning Member

At that link you gave me is a notch kit.....I would have to cut the frame to fit that on correct? would i have to drill holes for the bolts or are they already there? And if I do have to, what kind of drill bit do I use? Can I use a regular metal one?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Regular metal drill bit should do fine... I'd weld it in also for added strength. How much are you looking to spend?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Beginning Member

Well the kit I found was 600 bucks shipped......so maybe like another 2 or 300 bucks......

Old 04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran

I was thinking, you can get a 3-link bolt-on 8" rear suspension drop for 2K from Air Ride from those same guys at the link I just gave you... no C-notches needed, you just need to match the drop in the rear after.Up to you.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/airride-...es-s10-air-bar

Mind you this is an airbag system... but at the lowest it's not designed to drag frame but you'll have 8" of drop with the air out of the bags... you'll need something to match that drop for the front though... probably your drop spindles and then some bags... I'll keep looking if you're interested lol.

Last edited by oktain; 04-29-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Beginning Member

Oh wow 8" drop wouldb huge man.....I dont think I can go that low.....even though a 5-6 drop is a lot I still would like to go with that....if i put stiffer leaf springs in the back to stiffen the ride.......would that work? Insteed of that C notch kit?

Ok wait let me ask this.....with that link you just gave me......what all else would i need for a real air bag system? Pump....tank.....what else? And where could i find all that for cheap?

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-29-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:47 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

suicidedoors.com is your best bet dude. Even though there are plenty of other places to get the things you need. Thats where I use to get all my stuff from when I was in the how low can you go phase, and they always did me right. But I really would recomend just bagging it. You can get full kits now days for well under a grand. If you spend all the money you were talking about on the other lowering kit then it will just be a waste because more likely than not you end up wanting to bag it down the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5" 6" lowered Blazer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.