Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Maxx cams adjustable torsion bar keys

Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Beginning Member
SCHLAKER-PTZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Maxx cams adjustable torsion bar keys

What do you guys think about these? I think they could be the way to go if you don't want to do a coilover setup. They say 2.5" up or down. I'm thinking lowering bump stops, new bushings- sway bar, uca lca...

Has anyone here used these yet

Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can damage your CV shafts going up too far with the stock keys. Anything over 1.5" up and you are asking for problems with the front half shaft angles.

If you are looking to go down, I think you can get pretty far down using the stock keys as well. If you can't go far enough down, then these or other lowering keys would probably work.

That's a lot of $$$ though!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Beginning Member
SCHLAKER-PTZR2 is on a distinguished road

I am thinking with these keys, a guy could lower the front end to a reasonable point without losing ajustablilty of the torsion bars. i might actually try these out. they are still cheaper than coilovers and tubular uca's and lca's. The only ones I've seen are Turbotime's Sy/Ty coil over kit and they are around $1500.