Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

whats the most common?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
tripp02blaze is on a distinguished road
Default whats the most common?

whats the most common drop for a '02 blazer 2dr LS 2WD? & whats the best way to tell how low its been dropped in the front? im new to this blazer forum thing so it be great if some1 would help me out?

Old 08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

how far do you want to go? the two most common ways are springs or spindles.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

common drops are like a 2/3 or a 3/4
you can go as low as a 5/6 but it will ride on the frame pretty much

most people lower the back 1 inch more than the front to level the truck out

Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 PM

ok so if i got 3 inch blocks out back then i must have a 2 inch drop up front cuz it does sit even. well let me ask this...can i use a factory size shocks with the 3 inch blocks out back? or do i need drop shocks?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you can use the factory shocks, but if you have the money then i would go with drop shocks.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM

when you use drop blocks in the rear it doesn't change the distance the rear shocks travel therefore stock shocks are fine
if you use leafs in the rear then you would need drop shocks because you have shortened the distance of the shocks travel

Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by packofqtips
when you use drop blocks in the rear it doesn't change the distance the rear shocks travel therefore stock shocks are fine
Based on this principle, you'd be fine with stock shocks and spindles in the front I'm guessing? Or am I full of bull-oney? lol... The shocks mount to the front IFS arms am I correct? Meaning if you backed off the T-bars to get your drop, you'd probably want the shocks since the distance between the shock mounting points is changing.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM

the OP has a 2wd so he doesnt have any tbars to crank.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:01 PM

the idea is right though on a spindle drop drop shocks are not needed but on a spring drop they are

Old 08-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Question

ok so i can use a factory shock out back but what bout my front do i need a drop shock or factory shock? (2 inch coil drop) oh and to mikeinwi, are you callin me n OP & what does that mean?

Quick Reply: whats the most common?