New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another Noob checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:03 PM
norberd is on a distinguished road
Default Another Noob checking in!

Hey guys,

We recently purchased a '98 Blazer LS with 230K. It seems like it's an okay vehicle for what we need but it does need some work..

So far i've replaced the u-joints in the rear driveshaft, repalced the passenger side upper and lower ball joints, hub assembly, replaced front brake pads, gave the whole thing a good greasing, and plan on swapping all the fluids out.

Something I proabably won't tackle on my own is the intake manifold gasket. There isn't any water in the oil (after it's sat for a few days and I pulled the plug), but there are trails coming from the corners...

Aside from that it seems like it's a pretty solid little truck, the interior is mint aside from a rattle behind the gauge cluster when i'm sitting at a light and it's in gear (Automatic transmission).

Anyways, i've been using this forum for a couple weeks now to dig up info on this thing - the site has proved very usefull already. Thought I would finally introduce myself!

Names Brad, and I live in the land of the flat (Saskatchewan, Canada).

Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome from the land of the taxed lol (ontario). lots of canadians on here, and you can find out just about anything you need to know about your truck.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Evenin' from Nothern Ontario! I picked up a '00 LT w/ 177K on it a month or two ago Great place to learn stuff about the 4.3, and the lifting/offroad forum is a good read too! Post some pics!

-OSS

Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 PM
CptJakSparrow is on a distinguished road

South Carolina here.. been using the site for a few weeks to get info on things to do with my 01 Blazer xtreme to get it up and running again, was down for about 2 years, site has been VERY useful, just wanted to say whats up and thanks to everyone who posts useful info on here