New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

bammontana's ride and story

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default bammontana's ride and story

Hello all!

First off, my name is Jon. You may have seen me here a little bit already dealing with my 4x4 issue and trying to answer others on the topic once I fixed mine.

But anyways, to start I have a 1999 Blazer 4x4 4 Door Black. The previous owner shaved the rear of emblems, which look good, blacked out tails, etc. but really were the only good things he did to this truck.

I got it for a greeeat price, around a grand, and the truck had some "issues" but the prev. owner "didn't" know what they were.

Well, it was:

-Misfire on cyc 5. which leads to ->
-Spider and Fuel Pressure Regulator went bad
-4x4 did not work (he or someone for him disabled the system by unplugging at the switch (which was bad to begin with) and capping the lines
-Few electrical problems

Which to tell you the truth were not that bad at all. I have access to my buddy who is a certified GM Tech and his shop, which is great. He helped me with alllllot of stuff needed to get done.

Only thing that upset me was this guy was pretty shaddy on everything, claiming he had no idea what was wrong with it. I sent him an e-mail after we traced down all the problems, and poof like that he new down to the code it was throwing.

Can't complain, got her for a great price and all, and considering the small things that needed to be done, its all good. The guy is still a scummer though.

Anyways, thats the old, now the new ->

This weekend I am installing a BDS 2 inch body lift and throwing 30 x 10.5 tires on it. After thats done, I might do a suspension lift as well, seeing how she looks.

I also am outfitting her with a carriage on top of the roof racks that will be used to house my spare tire, and mounting 4 Baja driving lamps on top of the carriage.

I am also planning on installing two rear lights and run them to a relay which is activated by the reverse light so I can see while backing up, since the light out of the reverse lights suck especially after they were blacked out.

I will be continuing my lights with added a light per side under the body between the two doors for added light when we are out off the pavement, maybe wire them to come on when the doors are open, nothing special.

Lets see what else.. I will be rewiring most of his mistakes in the car including the aftermarket alarm (does NOT look like it was professionally installed, and I am a bit scared to see how they did the wiring to the ing harness [])

Annnd after that just fixing a couple of things like the rear windshield wiper motor, etc. and adding a CB so my buddy and I can communicate when we are offroading (as you can tell right now I love my electrical gadgets)

Thats really the most my fiancee will let me do at this time, but damn do I want running boards (I am hoping after lifting the truck 4 inches plus the additional inch from the tires she will want them teehee)..

About me, well, I am a pretty big car guy. Besides the blazer I have a Honda Accord, 99 P71 Crown Vic, 1988 Toyota 4x4 (just sold), 1998 VW Jetta (Trying to sell), and my fiancee's two VW jettas.

We got the truck to have more room for our dogs (German shepherd and black lab), for me to finally get into a truck because I don't like cars that much anymore, and to goto the beach with our friends who have trucks and do some 4x4wheeling ... plus I like to have a car of every make, so this is my first Chevy

Well, thats me! As far as pics, here is one of her in the snow. I will get more as I progress with the truck.

Thanks!
-Jon

[IMG]local://upfiles/14065/FDBC449F18AE4D24984233C3F7A76FB9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: bammontana's ride and story

yep yep yep Staples in the Bobs parking lot next to the post office, I`m goin thtere now to the pizza joint to get dinner LOL.. I`ll look for your truck if your still around there..

Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Yes sir right over there! I am up there a lot, once I get the new tires rim and lift on I think you will notice me

Old 02-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome aboard...
I think you will really like the way she sits after you get a 2in. body lift, some suspension and the 30s under it

Go here for Pics