New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

BF.com Community Map - See Who's Close! - FIXED 9/20/10!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The problem I ran into with it is that it just didn't work. For instance, I cannot add a marker to that map. Not in IE nor FF.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:08 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
master password?

i notice no one else has bothered to register on that yet either.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That pininthemap.com one looks interesting. I might have to lay down the coin to try out the premium account...

*EDIT 9/19/10*

Bringing this back from the dead...
I have found two alternatives that actually work quite well.

UMapper.com & ZeeMaps.com

I have created a community map on both and will mess with them a bit to see how well they work.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Well... After a day of screwing with both of them... Both seem to be much more user friendly than the pinonthemap.com maps. Both allow for edits. UMapper, being open for all, anyone can edit anything which isn't necessarily a good thing and I do not want to manage a restricted map in terms of adding markers or members so locking it down isn't an option either.

ZeeMaps can be setup to include administrator approval (which is much easier to manage) on all additions and have a password for members although I have to look into what that actually restricts a bit more.

Both services have paid subscriptions which bring with them better features, but unless people want to donate to the cause, I'm not going to go that route.

*EDIT 9/20/10*

The more I mess with it, the more I like ZeeMaps. The free service allows for an admin and member login. There can also be a view password to effectively make the map read-only to anyone from the outside.

Blazerforum.com Community Map - ZeeMaps.com

I was also able to upload the Frappr backup *.kml file that I saved back in February so we are good to go! The only problem with uploading the backup is that those of you that were on the map before do not have access to edit your marker. Please email me through the contact info on the map. As such, I have deleted the UMapper.com map and will stick with ZeeMaps.com!

Thoughts?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Kyle!

sooo.............i found "me", and i also found this strange blue one as well....................

question. how can we edit our info? like add an avatar to our pin (as i've seen on some of the other members pin location)

Old 09-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
thanks Kyle!

sooo.............i found "me", and i also found this strange blue one as well....................

question. how can we edit our info? like add an avatar to our pin (as i've seen on some of the other members pin location)
From the first post in this thread:
Originally Posted by swartlkk
For those of you already on the calendar wishing to change the info, please shoot me PM or email with the current marker info and I will respond back with the link to edit the marker.
And from the one above yours:

.... The only problem with uploading the backup is that those of you that were on the map before do not have access to edit your marker. Please email me through the contact info on the map. ....
Either method is acceptable. I'll PM you the details for your marker.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 PM
BF Guru

I'll PM you the details for your marker.
thanks Kyle, got your PM.

fixed 'er all up!

and i noticed that there are now 2 strange blue pins................guess Logan felt he was special too!

i just made mine green 'cause my truck is. not 'cause i'm special or anything.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well just added myself to the map. Great idea.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

I threw myself in there. Not many people from warren I guess.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Beginning Member
CTYankee is on a distinguished road

Added myself!

Quick Reply: BF.com Community Map - See Who's Close! - FIXED 9/20/10!!!