New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Blazer Chalet & Jimmy Casa Grande

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 PM
az77blazerchalet is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer Chalet & Jimmy Casa Grande

Mine is a '77 Blazer Chalet, serial #1747, an Arizona vehicle with original paint and a reupholstered interior. I've had major bits of it repaired, but ran out of enthusiasm for replacing the dried out rubber stuff, so it sits in a remote storage facility more than being driven. If I had a house with a garage or back yard to keep it in, I could do a lot more restoration work.....

Two links generally answer most questions about these:
http://blazerchalet.com/
http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/...feature15.html

I joined because there is one other recent member here who has a '76, and I was trying to find out what serial number his rig is. It's an exercise in futility, but I'm trying to track every one of these still in existence, and whatever ones that have been scrapped. So far, my spreadsheet list is a bit over 200, of the 1,780 made in '76-'77.

I'm much more active in three other GM truck forums, but thought I ought to at least finally say 'hi' here. I do near-daily internet searches for these and know the whereabouts and descriptions/photos of perhaps half of that 200 number, but I can always use more eyes scouting the country for 'em.

PM me if you've seen one, and consider our Yahoo Chalet owners forum if you either own one or want to own one. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...BlazerChalets/

Attached Thumbnails Blazer Chalet & Jimmy Casa Grande-my-77-chalet-2.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

wow I've never even seen one of those before, that is a very cool truck though,would to see some interior shots

Old 09-07-2009, 09:52 PM

A variety of interior shots here. It's a bit difficult to get decent photos inside. Two photos below are mine, the first one is actually a two-pic panorama spliced together, which is why the table looks weird on the right side.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer Chalet & Jimmy Casa Grande-my-interior-2.jpg   Blazer Chalet & Jimmy Casa Grande-my-interior-3.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

wow, that is pretty neat. welcome to the forum

Old 09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome, cool truck!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand. I've seen one of those on the roads here. Also left hand drive.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the other Kiwi in New Zealand.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:02 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That's interesting! I've never seen one either...neat looking truck. You can certainly tell it's from the 70's! haha,
Welcome to the forum from Canada! Always cool to see different types of Blazers.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Welcome from New Zealand. I've seen one of those on the roads here. Also left hand drive.
Wow! I am aware of one for sale in Holland (link) that was imported from California and highly modified to be a wheelchair accessible camper. A shipping company in Oklahoma contacted me last year for dimension information so they could plan for one to be shipped to Korea - never heard anything more about that. And then in another forum, I heard only a vague statement about one being sighted in Germany.

Overseas sightings/info/photos of these would be greatly appreciated! I wish I could pay rewards for such help, but I'm only able to express simple gratitude to any who provide me with sightings. We track these by their serial number / build date on a little plate by the back door. The distinguishing features of these compared to aftermarket slide-in pop top campers are the matching GM taillights on the camper, and the slanted side windows / twin cabover front windows. Aftermarket campers by Sportsman, 4Wheel, and Hallmark are much more square looking. Mine here has a very heavy solid steel rear bumper - I want to swap it or the OEM chrome one which was the Blazer version on frame extensions, with steps added.