New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Detroit area Blazer owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
staceylk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Detroit area Blazer owner!

So I just recently bought a 2000 Blazer LS 4 Door 2WD candy apple red. It was actually my moms car and I got lucky when she went out on a whim and bought a new Honda Element and I was in the market for a new vehicle since my 1995 Ford Ranger had been in two car accidents and it's future wasn't looking too bright.

I have to say that I was always a Ford girl, my Ranger was my first truck and it gave me a great six years, so I was a little apprehensive buying the Blazer, but I knew I couldn't pass it up. The dealership was going to give her 2,600 for it!!!! I've had it for a little over a month now and I absolutely LOVE IT! It's surprising well on gas... I have features on this car that I don't even know what to do with. haha! Definitely a step up from my little standard cab 4 cylinder pickup!

My brother also has a 1999 LS 4 Door, same color! But his is 4 wheel drive. So we're a team always trying to figure out new things to do to it. I figured I could join this site since I know NOTHING about the Blazer and it feels weird because I could take apart my Ranger and put it back together, so I want it to be like that with this truck.

I only have two downfalls; both the driver and passenger side seat adjusters busted off, so I have to use pliers and a screw driver to move the seat back. And the gas tank doesn't register. It will if the tank is at full, but once it goes below half a tank the gauge goes from empty to full rapidly, so that's a little nerve racking... but I'm dealing with it!

Anyway, can't wait to get to know every one! I'll try and get some pictures up, it's just been so cold lately! I'm currently saving my pennies for a brush guard and eventually a lift kit. Every thing I wanted to do with my Ranger, I'm going to do with this Blazer!

Old 12-01-2007, 12:55 AM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Detroit area Blazer owner!

welcome to the forum...you will find all the things you need to kno about your blazer...again welcome to the forum

[/align]

Old 12-01-2007, 12:59 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome! glad to have you....I just use the trip. on my truck to tell when it's time to fill up. The sending unit hasn't been working for about two years now. As for the seat adjusters....it's a blazer thing....you can get replacement ones..mine broke off about 3 years ago now. I totaly understand about all the buttons and things on the truck...I am still amused by the rear window wiper...blazer's last for a very very long time...mine's a 2000 also..and it's got 135,000 miles on it....still going strong! again...welcome!

Old 12-01-2007, 01:01 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Seat handles and fuel gauge malfunction are common problems with the Blazers.

Here's a thread on the seat handles: Common problem?
And here's one on the fuel gauge: Crazy Gas Gauge

Welcome to the site, glad you 'crossed over' from the Blue Oval. Feel free to post up with your questions and you should have no problem finding what you need. And if you do, there are many helpful people here.

Welcome to the family!

Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum!

Old 12-01-2007, 10:32 AM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome! where in detroit are you? im in Plymouth.