New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

KEEP THEM RUNNING! "Mostly" New to the forum (metro Detroit area)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member
stanitis is on a distinguished road
Default KEEP THEM RUNNING! "Mostly" New to the forum (metro Detroit area)

Hello, I've been reading these posts as a guest for months now and I have learned a lot here. Very helpful site. The most problems seem to be with the four wheel drive systems & auto transmissions on our S-10's/S-15's, At least thats what I have the most problems with and have learned alot about, thank's "especially" to the people Here! The info that gets you "seriously" into actual repairs on these items mentioned above are kinda hard to find & help get to the bottom of "actual" pinpointing the problem. I have seen/heard many people dumping on/getting rid of these SUV's because they can't figure out what is (again) "actually" the problem in order to "fix" said problems'. Most seem to bail on the vehicle impatiently, while others simply can't get to the bottom of it, so, I hope I too can help on here as well as keep learning Myself. I've had My jimmy since 2007 and to be honest, the sad part of people getting rid of these trucks is that these 4.3 liter V-6 engines are absolutely terrific engines, you really can't beat 'em. I've worked on vehicles for many years & you know good product when you deal with it on a daily basis. These vehicles are a dime a dozen and most of that is because of it "still" running, LOL!
All vehicles have their issues but the most important is, "how does she run"?! Keep up on the maintenance & they will always run a long time!
My problems since I bought mine have been, intake manifold gasket was leaking when I bought it, had $300 knocked off since thats about what you would pay to have it done. It cost Me about $15 and a few hours to do it Myself. Thought the transmission (4L60E late) was completely shot, turned out it was My transfer case, internally screwed, chain/gears I believe (havent cracked it open yet to rebuild), $700 & up to have a used one put in, $250 for used TC & an afternoon, I was good to go! Transmission seemed to take a hit with all the clunking in & out of gear in the transfer case (assumably), was confused between 2-3 & 3-4(OD) goin g in & out of lock-up, did all work listed below to the transmission & all is good after the weekend. Done my self for a couple hundred dollars as opposed to a rebuild, $1200 plus!
Anyways thanks if You actually read all of My rambling and let's keep them fixed & running strong.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:41 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York!

Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:10 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Another warm welcome to the forum from New Zealand.