New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Introduction

Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Beginning Member
Josh Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Introduction

Hello,

I'm a former automotive tech who is catching back up with technology. I owned my own shop until it failed due to the economy. Hopefully they get it sorted out, but wouldn't be surprised if they don't. I also do some informal gunsmithing - just build and repair my own firearms and am a big fan of the 1911 handgun and Romanian M69 training rifle. Might just get my gunsmithing license and open a shop to do that since we have many new firearms owners.

Back to cars.

I went car shopping today. I wasn't expecting to buy anything, but I ran across a sweet deal I couldn't pass up. I'm a Jeep and GM nut, and my favorite vehicles are S-Series, CJ and its successors, and Cherokees.

The interior is just as nice While not a big deal most places, this condition is unheard of in the Rust Belt, and this is likely the cleanest in town.

'00 model year, all decked out with about every option they had then, no tow package though. G80 rearend (3.42:1). Tow capacity of 5600lbs.

There are a couple small problems, but they are to be expected. The CD player has issues, and though I'd rather not go aftermarket, I will if I can't fix it.

The power mirror switch needs replaced, and the driver's side door lock motor is too weak to pull it down.

Mostly easy fixes.

The biggest problem is that I do not have 4-lo. It will try to shift, and I'll even hear the transfer case shift, but it will shift right back out. The bypass for this does not work, so I'll have to get familiar with this style - I usually do not like push button 4 wheel drive for this exact reason, preferring instead the AWD of the Bravada - my former vehicle - and shift levers.

However, 4wd PT and 4wd FT both work very well, as does 2wd.

No fluids are used.

For all intents and purposes, it looks like it came off the showroom floor!

To top it all off, I knew the dealer selling it, and he let it go for a good $1500 to $2500 off the Blue Book price for this condition, before my trade-in.

I'm a very happy camper. I'll be even happier once I get the 4lo issue resolved, and my CD player fixed.

Josh <><

Old 04-05-2009, 04:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand Josh.

Looks like you got a good deal there. Nice colour.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Looks like a very nice truck!