New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy from Central Florida

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
cooper232 is on a distinguished road

welcome aboard!

i am originally from the edgewater/new smyrna beach area myself. i know reside in east tn.

i just bought a 96 2dr 4wd myself.

i did the 2" shackles from autozone and welded a piece of angle iron in the middle to make them stronger for 17.99 and did 7 turns on the bolt for the t-bars in the front and got a new alignment for 30 bucks. so i got about 50 dollars total in a little lift. next is 2" body lift and some 31's!

any good mud bogs in your area?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member
SteveOO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cooper232
welcome aboard!

i am originally from the edgewater/new smyrna beach area myself. i know reside in east tn.

i just bought a 96 2dr 4wd myself.

i did the 2" shackles from autozone and welded a piece of angle iron in the middle to make them stronger for 17.99 and did 7 turns on the bolt for the t-bars in the front and got a new alignment for 30 bucks. so i got about 50 dollars total in a little lift. next is 2" body lift and some 31's!

any good mud bogs in your area?
I really don't know, I heard there are some great places near Sea World, and that area, but I've never been out. I'm more of a tarmac motorsports kind of guy, drifting, drag, grip, etc, so I don't know how much off-roading I'll be doing.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show brother.

good luck with the build of your Miata, and be sure to start a build thread on it once you start.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
cooper232 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SteveOO
I really don't know, I heard there are some great places near Sea World, and that area, but I've never been out. I'm more of a tarmac motorsports kind of guy, drifting, drag, grip, etc, so I don't know how much off-roading I'll be doing.
understood... my other car is a srt4 so i am kind of new to the off-roading thing too

Old 06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the show.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Beginning Member
SteveOO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
welcome to the show brother.

good luck with the build of your Miata, and be sure to start a build thread on it once you start.
Thanks, I've done a little here and their since it's been my DD for the last couple of months, but once I get this little trans issue worked out with the truck, I'll be starting the build. Most likely going to start off with a small greddy kit + IC at 7-8 pounds, maybe more if I decide to get new management and larger injectors off of the RX-7.

Originally Posted by cooper232
understood... my other car is a srt4 so i am kind of new to the off-roading thing too
Skittle! lol, just messin with you, if done right, they can be pretty neat cars, I just can't stand the stereotypical mods that people do to them, but that's just my opinion brah.

Thanks again for all the welcomes!