New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Not new, but making a return...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:49 AM
yukonmedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not new, but making a return...

Hello All,

I must post to apologize for the horrible lapse in posts over the past 6 months. I've been stranded in the far north for many months due to work issues, sadly without internet access. When a boss asks you to fill in for people on education leave, and travel to the farthest possible point north in your country, just say no! I hope to get back into the forum with a vengeance, and detail a few upgrades i've made to my truck in the mean time, and help out with anyone making similar upgrades.

Once again, sorry for my horribly delayed posting, and a happy new years to all!

-yukonmedic

Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Not new, but making a return...

Welcome back! Happy New Year!

And there is no need to apologize. We all have things that take precedence over our involvement on the internet. I am glad that everything worked out for you and definitely glad to have you back!

Now, what have you done to your Jimmy since you last reported in?

Old 01-05-2009, 08:57 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, welcome back.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:20 AM

nothing fancy upon my return...just a battery/plugs/wires (much needed, betty was running quite rough before those were done). and yes i finally came around to naming her, after the classic Ram Jam song Black Betty. Also it seems I can't run 87octane without knocking, so 89 it is from here on out. An alignment is going to be done at the shop in about two hours from now, following a summer/fall worth of offroad fury. Sadly when my steering wheel/LF is straight, my RF seems to be about 15-20 degrees off...she pulls real bad in deep snow, which we currently have wayyy too much of. I hope to be doing much this summer, including rims/tires, a BL and some replacement of worn suspension/drivetrain compenents.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I like your truck

Welcome back!

Did you get any nice pics in some deep snow?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

nice to see you back.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you're back.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

see now Yukon... if you had me along we'd set up a shot to a northeast Saty and get you an 8MB bi-directional

If I am out of touch, I am Underwater, Underground, or Under-ground

Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 PM

now that would be classy! although hitting a satellite from the north is a nasty thing, most solid com-sats run away from us...even our iridium sat-phones at work are a b*tch, you gotta be up on a mountaintop, standing on the roof of your vehicle to even get one bar...useless.