Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Going turbo-

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:37 PM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Going turbo-

just wondering if theres an update??? I really wanna see the finished product!

Old 09-08-2006, 12:54 AM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry guys no update in a long time- got the cold side piping finished but my camera broke. just gotta figure out how to mount one of the pipes thats wrangles its way through the engine bay.- i am going this saturday to get it all finished welding, and get the wastegate, and wideband a/f ratio guage bung attached to the exhaust pipe, as well as weld the flange on the end. still waiting on the fuel system, guy still isnt ready to sell so im buying a machperformance fuel pump off another s10forum member and an adjustable cartech fmu from a local guy i know. sorry for the delays. been having some family trouble lately and having to budget my money sparingly. but it will get finished. try and get some pics of the completed cold side piping this weekend. it will all be painted black.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:07 PM

well i got the cold side piping done now and painted i will take pictures 2moro.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet I can't wait to hear and see this thing. Are you planning a dyno/ track run afterwards? I'd love to see the comparison between your old truck and the boosted truck. Are you still planning on keeping the bottle?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: tommyd

Sweet I can't wait to hear and see this thing. Are you planning a dyno/ track run afterwards? I'd love to see the comparison between your old truck and the boosted truck. Are you still planning on keeping the bottle?
yeah well the time 2 beat is 9.39 @ 75mph in the 1/8th mile that was my best time on the nitrous (intake,pullies, 100shot). i was only making 246 whp on the spray and i wanna make righ around 340 to 350whp so i think i will be in the clear for that. hoping to hit real 12.99x with a bigger stall, ford 8.8" and Mickey Thompson D.R.'s and some weight reduction. i might need 2 go to a bigger turbo such as a HX-35 turbo or an T04 60-1 HI-FI turbocharger- http://www.mjmturbos.com/T045870.htm

gonna tune it my self for the time being as i have limited funds right now- tuning will be done with cartech adjustable FMU, machperformance fuel pump, and an AEM wideband- gonna run about 4 or 5 psi daily and 10 to 11 when i find a mustang

Old 09-10-2006, 03:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds Great!!!

Have you found out how much pressure the plastic upper plenum can hold down?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:56 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

PLASTIC=your best enemy. (or worst friend, which ever you like)

Old 09-10-2006, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Sounds Great!!!

Have you found out how much pressure the plastic upper plenum can hold down?
im not using it- im welding an aluminum collar onto the TB then attaching a tight radius 90 degree reducer (3.5" to 2.5")on it so i dont have to worry about it blowing up. silicone FTW-

it will look like this- made 212whp and 265ft.lbs of torque @ the wheels on 4.5 psi. thats what i want to run daily. thats about a 60 to 70whp gain over stock whp numbers- also he is on TOTALLY STOCK FUEL SYSTEM- im running a FMIC so underneath my truck will look totally different-http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2899081&postcount=8

Old 09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not talking about the intake ductwork... I'm talking about the plastic upper plenum (below the TB). Now only would I be concerned about it's structural integrity with that kind of boost, but there are various things that are only pressed (not retained) into the plastic upper plenum.

The Marine spec 4.3L v6 may have an aluminum upper plenum, but I have only ever seen one picture of it on the net. You may want to call around to some Mercruiser dealers and see if they can look it up. That way you can really put the screws to the turbo and let it huff big!

Old 09-10-2006, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I'm not talking about the intake ductwork... I'm talking about the plastic upper plenum (below the TB). Now only would I be concerned about it's structural integrity with that kind of boost, but there are various things that are only pressed (not retained) into the plastic upper plenum.

The Marine spec 4.3L v6 may have an aluminum upper plenum, but I have only ever seen one picture of it on the net. You may want to call around to some Mercruiser dealers and see if they can look it up. That way you can really put the screws to the turbo and let it huff big!

it is good to @ least 14psi. i will only run 11 to 12 max. i am looking into a syclone lower and upper intake plenum..........not sure yet though. i might buy it and then instead routing the piping back up to the otehr side of the engine bay swap to a water to air intercooler. not sure yet. there is also the iddea of converting the edelbrock 2114 carburater intake manifold to a mpfi set-up they do it all the time on s10forum.com. i might go that way. but if i can get a 4.3L marine intake for under 1k with injectors/rails i will go that route.

Quick Reply: Going turbo-