Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo???Upgrade-need horses

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:41 AM
bamablazer57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turbo???Upgrade-need horses

Hi all this is my first time on here. i am 18 years old and im on a bit of a budget. im looking to rear mount a turbo on my 2000 ls blazer. it runs about 190 hp and 265 torque at the moment and im just looking for some power. its been a good truck so far i've put it threw some ruff stuff and its still ticking. she's my rice killer as i say possibly rear mount a turbo but there arn't any kits ready to do it so im looking for someone who has or can and may be able to tell me what all i will need. i am ordering a aem cold air intake system for it as we speak but i need more. im looking to bump up my horses if i can 50 on both horses and torque.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Turbo???Upgrade-need horses

*Moving to Nitrous, Super Chargers & Turbos*

Have a look at a few of the posts in this section.

Specifically:
BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER TURBO THREAD READ THIS! by 02 Vortech

Old 04-14-2008, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The CAI will do nothing but make your exhaust sound better. Maybe it will help after you turbo it, but with just an intake, not much power difference.

Also there's nothing really 'budget' about a custom rear mount turbo. TheBrettster it doing it cheap...but he has connections we can only dream about

Old 04-16-2008, 01:52 PM

i just need someway f getting some horses out of this thing doesn't have to be major i just have a itch to scratch. this is my rice killer i love this truck but i just started a lil crew and there a toyota avalon 1995. and he took me. i've upgraded the exhaust to no cat.converter. with flows. euro clears and thats about as far as it goes exept for 2 10" infinity competetion speakers and a 1000watt bazooka amp. i need something to get this big joker off the line faster. i was wondering if the yukon tranny will bolt up to the 4.3? probly a dub question but i havent really tinkered or research on this truck till now. the 4.3's are beasts once you wake em up but my is in a coma. i was wondering if heads, injectors and such would help at all? the friggin supercharger kit for this truck is 4k so i wanna stay away plus power to money ratio is dumb compared to a turbo. i could always dump a 350 in it but im no master at engine swaps. its a 2000 s10 blazer 4.3 auto. with a 2001 engine(same thing) bout 60,000 miles. please help

Old 04-16-2008, 04:00 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

If you're concerned about not getting off the line fast enough with your 270 ft-lbs of torque that you have....then you need to look at decreasing weight and re-gearing. That would probably be the cheapest way to get more oomph.

I've beaten RX-8s, pimped out Hondas, other SUVs, and my girlfriend driving my 222 hp 300 ft-lbs torque v8 Range Rover all off the line. Once they shift (and we risk passing the speed limit and thus stop) they can take the blazer..but as far as a launch goes...Blazers win

Remember most of driving is the driver, not the vehicle

Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 PM

well its not exactly off the line... more of a lil after like when he's coming into second im still in first so im good there. its when i shift to second he's winding out higher rpm's and he's running about 220 torque. to be there size blazer get off the line really well im just looking for some upgrades. i got about 2k to spend

Old 04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
UR50SLO is an unknown quantity at this point

If your looking fora rear mount turbo STS Has a universal kit that they will taylor to your vehicle.
Look up Squires Turbo Systems.
Putting a different trans will gain you more duribility if it's a 4L80E but it'll take a programmer to run it.
The 4L60E that's in yours will hold up fine with the power your wanting to produce.
Reducing weight is a inexpensive way to use the power you have.
The Vortec heads you have on your truck are very good. The guys like me with Syclones and Typhoons do extensive work to make them fit our older style intake bolt pattern for the good flow and combustion chamber that is less prone to detonation.
~Scott

Old 05-26-2008, 02:14 AM
mike4.369 is an unknown quantity at this point

im kinda havin the same prob i have an 87 2 dr blazer 4x4 with a 4.3 five speed in it and im lookin to do some work to it like a turbo or somethin like gain 60-110 ponies out of it but i dont know how who makes a turbo like that for a 4.3 and how much they would run me im lookin at puttin some good money into it

Old 05-26-2008, 03:59 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: UR50SLO

If your looking fora rear mount turbo STS Has a universal kit that they will taylor to your vehicle.
Look up Squires Turbo Systems.
Putting a different trans will gain you more duribility if it's a 4L80E but it'll take a programmer to run it.
The 4L60E that's in yours will hold up fine with the power your wanting to produce.
Reducing weight is a inexpensive way to use the power you have.
The Vortec heads you have on your truck are very good. The guys like me with Syclones and Typhoons do extensive work to make them fit our older style intake bolt pattern for the good flow and combustion chamber that is less prone to detonation.
~Scott
There's also a heavier duty version of the 4L60E, that's behind V8's in 1/2 ton trucks... Has a few more clutch packs and a few other heavier duty parts.... Or so I've been told, lol.