Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

2door vs 4door off road.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:51 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

When did this become about Xj's?

The OP said i want to get a 95+ blazer, is 2 or 4 drs better off road?

now we are like "yeah man cherokees pwn too!" LMAO!

buy what you can afford, drive it through some light crap until you get better, upgrade as needed, dont break anything or kill yourself, and above all have fun (be safe).

Old 12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

i really dont know how everyone can say that jeeps are great, my ex had a jeep it was the most top heavy piece of crap ive ever driven, and it was a stock 98 jeep cherokee classic, it felt like a plastic toy on the road. yes i know you see alot of jeeps when it comes to offroad driving but think about it, they are one of the cheapest things to mod i mean they have everything for jeeps, im not saying that they suck off road, ive never taken one offroad but they are horrible on the road.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

they are just like any car. you cant judge them all by just one. most people say blazers are the biggest pieces of junk on the road, off road, or where ever.

Its all personal preferance

Old 12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I dont think you can bring the Cherokee into this 4dr vs 2dr offroad debate. The Cherokee is completely different then the Blazer and was mainly built as a 4dr. There seems to be more (if not then an equal amount) of both body styles when it comes to the Blazer. 2Dr Cherokees are fairly uncommon. Beyond that the body styles are completely different.
Nice cherokee that was posted BTW. Love the Cragar rims and the tires.

thanks. wanna buy it?

Old 12-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

i can speak from personal experience...offroading, 2dr's are better IMO, suburban *every day* driving...4dr is better..i've taken my 4dr places i shouldn't have...and gotten horribly stuck..(tresspassing..than having to ask the land owner to pull me out with some BS excuse lol) BUT taken the 2dr..and got stuck..until going into 4lo..i prefer the 2dr much more to 4dr.. they just look better, more aggressive...in your face kinda rugged, asking to get dirty!...4dr's just remind me of boxey mini vans..that need to stay on pavement...more..domestic if you will..but..granted i got rid of the 4dr..i do miss being able to pack 8 ppl in it and have room for a few cases of beer lol *if i got stuck with that many drunks...just might as well go to sleep on the roof no one would be able to push w/out peeing them selves laughing*, again..past experience lol..

Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I have a 2 door jimmy and it dose great off road
hear are some vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgJ1Y1OaDpk

Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Beginning Member
masrace is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut

What does FTW stand for???

If there are any NE mountain bikers out here, they might recognize it as "Frank the Welder"

Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

just in my opinion, My old Jeep cherokee classic was a great all around car, and I loved taking it to the dunes. Yes it was a 4 door.

Now my blazer, wow, so much better on the road, but seriously lacking with off road handling. I would love to see a blazer that is pre-runnerd out. That would be sick.

Now when it comes to 2dr vs. 4dr. 2dr are tecnically better due to the shorter frames and less weight which help with center of gravity, and etc. Also more resilent than 4drs with breakage in the axles and differentials.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:29 AM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

I prefer the four door. (I better say that since I own one, right?)

Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Own both. 94 4 door Blazer and 84 2 door Jimmy. Prefer the 2 door Jimmy. Only problem is it's an 84 and a little lacking in the power department. Have to go to 4low too soon but I think it would climb a brick wall. You can't beat the turning radius. I like the extra stuff on the Blazer though. Both were pretty loaded for their time.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 03-23-2010 at 04:35 AM.

Quick Reply: 2door vs 4door off road.