Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

96 Blazer Mudd Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

who says someone with a 2 inch lift and 31's can't play in ponds? I've never had water in my cab and I've went through stuff that has gone past my headlights.... (not recommended)

but yes I too would have a 6 inch superlift, 2 inch body lift, 4.11 gears, and 33" tires but I don't have near that much money... I actually think a 2-4 inch lift is perfect because you aren't hitting tree branches and you have enough ground clearance to go over most things my frame rarely ever hits things. you just have to know your limits. but even with getting a full size truck and big tires you are looking at spending thousands of dollars

Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
just so you guys know its been done a friend of mine has a s10 that he performed a SAS on and is running 44's....it is an insane truck...just thought id share

Everybody on this site is aware a SAS can be done and you can fit larger tires but it's not cheap like people think. Still a lot of work like I stated.

Here's my buddy George who has the same lift and thinks his truck is a submarine.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f222/m...meline-267422/

Last edited by nj4x4blaze; 07-27-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
just so you guys know its been done a friend of mine has a s10 that he performed a SAS on and is running 44's....it is an insane truck...just thought id share
I wasn't trying to imply that it was 100% impossible, because anyone with the time, resources and money can build a crazy truck. It's just the OP thought they're fit 35's or 38's with ease and without spending a lot of money, which is in no way possible. I just hope the OP realizes the shear amount of $$ involved in an SAS. You're going to be into it for well over what your actual truck is worth.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:45 PM
sIcK dAiLy DrIvEr! is on a distinguished road

Well I gotta but in and say that I run 33s and I only have like 4.5 to 5 in of lift. I think anything is possible with alittle bit o thinking and the right connections. Now I sacrificed ride quality. With mine but but I don't Care. Now to run 38s in my opinion I believe you could do of with 12 inches. I think you could run 35s with like 9 inches. Just my opinion but the right way to do something is not ever the only way.

I'm sure this post will really pi$$ some people off. Remember what I said. Its JUST MY OPINION!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I have an idea.... Instead of lifting... he could easily elongate the axels so the tires stick outside the wheel wells....

Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 PM
sIcK dAiLy DrIvEr! is on a distinguished road

good idea. but think about when he articulates. when the tire comes up it is possible that you would hit the fenders and the quarter panels. when i pay off my blazer, i plan on putting in dana 44s and moving the axels farther apart so the wheel wells wont serve any purpose. also when mine is payed off it wont be road legal.

now are you still planning on keeping this truck a daily driver.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member
TylerNormand is on a distinguished road

How Much Would That Cost Me? And Can I Do Myself?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

If you know how to weld, you can do anything yourself. As for costs, that varies if parts are avalible in your area.

Now as for everybody making comments about certain tires fitting. GeorgesBlazah runs 34's on this truck and his has hacked up fenders to the point where he can't cut no more. Now he wheels the crap out of his truck and it still rubs. Yea people make comments about what fits, but nobody actually owns that size of a tire and realizes the affects it has when you take the truck off road. If you wanna run a 35-38 tire, I suggest solid axle swap. At least you can get the truck lifted higher. IFS max lift is 6" SUSPENSION, 2" body, 2" shackles and 1.5" tbar crank and that's it. Yes you can make a 3" body lift kit work on a second gen truck but you have to fabricate new bumper brackets unless you are just building a mud truck then it doesnt matter having a front or rear bumper.

Last edited by nj4x4blaze; 07-28-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

this is true. I had to hack away my fenders to fit 31's

Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TylerNormand
How Much Would That Cost Me? And Can I Do Myself?
I still really don't believe that you have the slightest clue what you're asking about or what we're talking about. The sheer amount of work involved in these swaps/lifts etc. is unreal. The cost is well into the 1000's if not 10,000's. It something you can do yourself, yes, but judging by what you're asking I'd say you dont have the knowledge to do such a build (which I could be wrong, I don't know anything about your background or what you do...i'm just making assumptions). You'd need to know how to weld as Dave said, you'd have to have the mechanical knowledge and also the time and $$$.

Short of the story is this:

Can it be done: probably, yes
Can it be done cheaply: No.
Can it be done by yourself: Yes, but again...it doesn't sound (to me) like it's a project you would want to get into

I apologize if I come off sounding like a douche, that wasn't my intention. I just want you to pay careful attention to what everyone is telling you and realize the huge involvement a build like this would require.

Last edited by Sisk; 07-28-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: 96 Blazer Mudd Tires