Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Blazers are not for drifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Blazers are not for drifting

ORIGINAL: drperry

Lowered my ****! lol, I always do a little drifting when it's on private roads... Okay... A lot
Yeah screw lowered, just need some light snow. I was somewhat sideways infront of the local police station, trying to get up a hill turning off of a busy road onto an unoccupied road/parking lot (in the UP) where a police officer drived by and just waved.

Now in all seriousiness, I do "drift/sideslide/spin tires" in the snow at times, it is pretty much the only option for getting out onto the road/off of the road up here due to the hills. This is only at very low speeds and when I know its safe to do so. I have tested in some parking lots so I know exactly how my blazer will react in different situations like that. I have also taken a police drift/skid avoidence course and am certified in winter driving techniques. The course was cool, since we got to do doughnuts in a controlled enviroment, on a flooded skid pad in crown vic police interceptor packaged cars.

In your situation just keep the speed down going into corners, especially when there is wet/snow covered roads involved. It is much better to take a yelling from the parents for not making curfew than it is to wind up in a ditch or dead.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:07 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

haha ya the snow this yr has helped me perfect my drifting skillsbut i only do it in open parking lots or on streets when there r no other cars around. so i've learned how my blazer handles in the snow and when and how it will react. and ya if the snow banks become ice banks ya it sux. lol ya plastic sux in the cold thats y i like me 1st gen i got metal bumpers .

but ya glad to hear everythings ok and ya just another life lesson

Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Come on people. Please DO NOT post rediculous statements like our buddy lennyblazer has posted. Completely uncalled for and regardless of whether the cop thought it was funny or not, it was irresponsible. Drifting on purpose on occupied public roads is just dumb.

Huhuhh... I drifted in front of the police station and a cop! Go me!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL:swartlkk

Huhuhh... I drifted in front of the police station and a cop! Go me!!!
Just my opinion, but I think mockingwould fall under the "un-called for" category as well....

Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

It wasn't intentional because at the time i didn't have good tires and it is a very steep hill covered in snow. There were no cars on it at the time. I am not condoning this behavior either, it happened once and I thought it was a funny story to share. I have also edited my original post now to correct the "rediculous statements like our buddy lennyblazer has posted".

Old 02-19-2008, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha this is rediculous..anyone with a driver's license can recognize that intentionally making a 5000 lb SUV go sideways in any situation is dangerous behavior.

Attack the argument, not the person.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I should have put sarcasm tags on it.. Geez guys, lighten up. It was meant in jest!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Gotta code in [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] tags... Make the text look on fire or something

Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

A"j/k" clears up a lot of confusion.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

lol gotta love those sarcasm tags

Quick Reply: Blazers are not for drifting