Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Bug Out Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Beginning Member
95offroadhopeful is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bug Out Blazer

Friends,

If you have turned on the television, you might have noticed that the world is in the toilet. So, for those of us who use our blazers off-road; have you ever considered making a "Bug Out Blazer"?

Our blazers are capable off-road vehicles, spacious(Lt), powerful for a V6, and you can beat the crap out of them.

This is a link for info on what a B.O.V. should/shouldn't be and or have http://www.survivalistssite.com/~can...bov_basics.pdf

What do you think?

Old 07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

If something like this ever does happen we may escape the initial blast but long term survival is highly unlikely . I say screw it just make it quick .

Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

they forgot tinfoil hats on the list of supply's ....idoits lol
like atvwarrior said long term...we are screwed lol forget the supplys buy more beer lol

Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Beginning Member

"they forgot tinfoil hats on the list of supply's ....idoits lol"-

I know, I know. Nuclear radiation pulses are a really drastic example.

But what about a Blazer that is well equipped enough that you could leave town, hit the trials, and never have to look back.

I do a-lot of camping, hunting, and fishing with my family and just wanted to know what you all thought about such a well equipped/special-purpose Blazer. Just a thought.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 PM

ok i wont lie i like the idea of a blazer all modded up with witches lights whips and big tires and have everything in it to fix it if needed but .....not incase its the end of the world lol be more incase im out in the boondocks and broke down im not SOL lol

i see what your talkin about, it would be cool but the REASON on that sit is alittle overkill in my opinion lol

Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
slowsinglecam is on a distinguished road

Got to convert to carb tho. In case they zap all the electronics with a nuke.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 AM

no more vortec

Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

BOV and BOB can also be really useful during natural disasters where you have a short time to evacuate, like the fires we had here last month or hurricanes along the coast. The Zombie Apocalypse is a running joke, but if you're prepared for that you'll be prepared for the more realistic disasters.

I don't have either, tho. By the time my wife and kids get their crap together and butts out the door, I could build a bug-out vehicle from mined ore.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Beginning Member

Ya. I think you all are getting the gist of it. In Kentucky we had massive amounts of tornadoes roll through places they never went before. There was some warning but little most people could do.

So if your house went down with the storm, you could have the only means of evacuating from the area. Not to mention a large amount of useful gear to help others evac as-well.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:54 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Ya forgot about the 2nd rule of fight club.....

I built my blazer to hopefully handle anything thrown at it. Personally I think a s-series is a bad choice for a bug out.

1. Ifs, all kinds of weak links in these

2. The 4.3 in most of them has no power for the gas used. You get the mileage of a v8 why not have the power

3. Electronics, I don't buy into the whole emt is gonna ruin us all but as a surivialist we have to look at any little thing.

Personally I have fixed most of these problems but it was only to make it better offroad. 1 dana 60, 2. V8, 3. Working on swapping in a 4bt. I do however live in the sticks and plan on bunkering down where I'm at. I have however found a scout I might drop a 6bt down in and have an inside source on 2 steering rockwells cheap so I might make that my BOV. EMT event the pansy cops aint gonna have radios, why stop when I can drive over them. For those that bring up the fact they have guns, burt from tremors is my hero. Doubt the plastic toys they carry compares much to some of my playthings.

Last edited by neo71665; 07-13-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Bug Out Blazer