Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Got stuck big time.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Beginning Member
DFINE160 is on a distinguished road
Default Got stuck big time.

Well last night I decided to take the blazer out in the woods. It was just me and my friend, BIG mistake. Going down this hill that dog legged to the right and had a pretty deep rut down the middle of it, there is a downed tree that is a really good size tree and no getting around it. So I was going to turn around as close the bottom as possible, yeah didn't end up the way I wanted it to. Ended up sliding into the rut and got stuck. So walked back to civilization and went back out today to get it out, drive shaft is just laying in the frame. It broke both u-joints. It was in a really wierd bind being in that rut. Finally get it pulled to the top of the hill and was thinking ok just limp it out with just the fronts pulling, should be pretty easy. WRONG! While driving along, I hear this grinding sound coming from the passenger side of the blazer and then couldn't get up this hill. Get out and look and the passenger side rear of the truck is sitting on the ground. Wheel is off to the side of the trail with the broken axle. So hooked the town ropes back to it, jacked the back of the truck up and slid the wheel back on. Oh we only had to do that about every 100 yards or so. So now my truck is sitting on the side of the road by the entrance to this trail in a neighborhood awaiting for me to get it towed somewhere tomorrow. Guess I'll be putting another rearend in it tomorrow. Anyway I have no pics b/c I was so busy being pissed off about the whole situation. It was dark and cold too. Anyway just been a really sucky day. Oh and my passenger side mirror is now sitting in my back seat too.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:38 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Old 12-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Beginning Member

^^^^^^ I know I know. But like I said, I was so frustrated I didn't even think to take any. I was too busy jacking up the backend and reinstalling said axle and wheel. Oh well maybe time to do the k5 leaf spring and drive train swap front and rear. It looks interesting.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

i was gonna say i did the same thing..but big lie..i didn't lol nor would i put my trufj in that position considering its the only one i have for now..moms leasing the 03 and i hardly ever see it..except every saturday...but i bout burried my truck in a farmers field..stupid me..forgetting they keep the corn field ground soft and loose...had mud up to my bumper than was like...oh yah..i'm in 2hi..so threw it into 4lo 3rd gear..crawld out...got out and had a good laughing cry..never will i go out alone..in a farmers field lol ...learned my lesson..went to get pics teh next day he had already filled in my ruts and couldn't evne tell i was ever back there...was kinda depressed i wanted some damn pics lol)

Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

ouch man well you realy should take pics of the damage now that you are having such a good laugh about it, haha! sorry man that sucks.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Beginning Member

Well I finally got towed to my buddy's shop. Now the driver's side rear axle is coming out too. Pulling it apart tomorrow and going to get parts to fix and get back on the road. I think my girlfriend got some pics tonight while trying to load it on the trailer. I'll find them and post them.