Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

my first time going off road in my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 PM
bigmatt1 is on a distinguished road
Default my first time going off road in my blazer

when i was in wyoming, i bought it. cash!! it had 71583 miles, 4 brand new tires, a new windshield, and a new battery. the truck was almost in perfect condition.

anyway, there was a little rock mountain bout 20 minutes from where my apartment was. so i decided to go see what my blaze could do. the week before, we climbed that mountain in a 96 z71 so i figured i could to. well i start going up the mountain in 2wd and made it about 25 feet up til my tires started spinning. i had to go around a huge boulder, and then its a steep slope up the mountain with loose rocks and gravel. big ones i might add..

so after i got stuck i put my truck into 4wd high. not thinking i shoulda put it in 4 low. so now i go up bout another 10 feet and all 4 tires spin. at this point, i almost shat myself cuz its a steep one way up a mountain or its a steep fall all the way down into a river. so i slowly backed up. after i made it back down, i kissed my truck and went back home.

i was scared for my dear life, but maybe i would have made it up if i would have had it in 4 low and went a lil faster than i did. but lemme tell u, that was some scary stuff. since the road up wasnt that wide, i was lucky to be able to back up and get down without any accidents. pics are.. my friends truck by a mountain in wyoming, my blazer on the side of the road on my way to a mountain, my blazer right before i went climb mountain, and pic of the river by the mountain.

the end

Last edited by bigmatt1; 01-01-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

shoudl have gotten pics

Old 12-31-2009, 05:12 AM

I did. The pic I have in my album with my truck in the dirt was right before I went up but the pics are kinda smaLl. Idk why

Old 12-31-2009, 05:41 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You should post pics right in your thread to go with the story That way people don't have to go hunting through your profile for them. Nice truck though. It looks like you may have uploaded a thumbnail of the pic and not the actual pic. Try using a photo hosting site like photobucket or imageshack to host your pics. It's 100% easier.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:30 PM

I did. Tinypic.com. That's prolly why they are so small. I will try and get the pic up I took sand update my other ones so yall can see good big pics of my truck. And I will take a couple of more pics today or tomorrow after I wash it again

Old 12-31-2009, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Good on ya mate. That's what we want. Pics, pics & more pics. LOL

Glad you made it back down without mishap.