Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Off Roading in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Freewheel is on a distinguished road
Default Off Roading in Sweden

Some pics from recent trips

This place was a little fun to reach, long quite steep road facing north, so rather muddy and had to take the old axe out and cut down like a dozen of snow cracked trees 😊

Last edited by Freewheel; 05-11-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice, impressive rapids. (snow melt?)

Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Very cool!

Old 05-10-2018, 02:14 PM

Thanks!
Exactly, at a nearby power station, its been a long snowy winter, and now its letting go from the mountains so they have 3 out of 4 ports open from the reservoir!

Old 05-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

What a beautiful Country ! I enjoyed my time there. Keep on truckin' and keep sending more pics !

Old 05-11-2018, 07:57 AM

The flow at the dam is about 28k cubic ft /sec!!
(800 cubic meters)

Old 05-15-2018, 03:30 PM

Tonight we took a little trip down some backcountry roads, to some small woodland lakes. Nature here is all shaped by the inland ice sliding towards the sea a couple of millions of years ago! 🏔️

​​​​If only i could figure out how to rotate pics in tinypic..

Last edited by Freewheel; 05-15-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:34 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Freewheel
Tonight we took a little trip down some backcountry roads, to some small woodland lakes. Nature here is all shaped by the inland ice sliding towards the sea a couple of millions of years ago! 🏔️

Very nice. For myself, I prefer more mountainous country. Maybe that is because I'm part Norwegian?? LOL

From what you describe about the geology, it sounds like the country in Minnesota or up north of the there in Canada where there were great ice sheets too.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:00 PM

🇳🇴 Probably 🇳🇴
Yes, if you look at the latitude, there is a reason why so many swedes ended up in minnesota and canada during the fatigue here a hundred years ago, i myself have relatives (my dads cousins) in alberta and edmonton, and my wife also has relatives "up north" 🇨🇦 🇺🇸
Geology is a growing interest of mine, due to my fascination for gold panning, so when the spring flood sinks away its time to load up the ol' Blazer with the highbanker, waterpump and shovels and go hitting the streams!

Old 05-15-2018, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Freewheel
🇳🇴 Probably 🇳🇴
Yes, if you look at the latitude, there is a reason why so many swedes ended up in minnesota and canada during the fatigue here a hundred years ago, i myself have relatives (my dads cousins) in alberta and edmonton, and my wife also has relatives "up north" 🇨🇦 🇺🇸
Geology is a growing interest of mine, due to my fascination for gold panning, so when the spring flood sinks away its time to load up the ol' Blazer with the highbanker, waterpump and shovels and go hitting the streams!
How's the fishing? Any good in those lakes and streams? That is one of the things my Blazer takes me to do, albeit too infrequently. Where I go is the mountains of northern Idaho where the cutthroat trout live. :-)

Quick Reply: Off Roading in Sweden