Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Off Roading in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 01:46 AM
Beginning Member
twiggss is on a distinguished road

Beautiful country.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:37 AM
Freewheel is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by twiggss
Beautiful country.
Thnx. 😃

Old 06-10-2018, 06:20 PM
dlundblad is on a distinguished road

Very nice.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Default Disaster strikes!

Hello! Its been a while since i was here 🙄 this year is going to the books as the worst ever here in Sweden! After the long cold winter we havent had any rain since may, just like one weekend in june, the result? Forest fires! Lots of them! Its been so dry i havent dared doing any offroadin'! Ad now we have 3 largefires just a couple of miles from the house!! The worst of them sometimes travels as fast as 30 feet/second but the wind is rapidly turning so it spreads in different directions all the time! Tonight its about 5000 acres of land burning in north south and west of where i live, although there is no immediate risk for us, a village about 20miles away with a pop. Of about 250 people is prepared to be evacuated! Here i a pic i took an hour ago on a mountain just 25 minutes away

Old 07-17-2018, 06:40 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Freewheel
Hello! Its been a while since i was here 🙄 this year is going to the books as the worst ever here in Sweden! After the long cold winter we havent had any rain since may, just like one weekend in june, the result? Forest fires! Lots of them! Its been so dry i havent dared doing any offroadin'! Ad now we have 3 largefires just a couple of miles from the house!! The worst of them sometimes travels as fast as 30 feet/second but the wind is rapidly turning so it spreads in different directions all the time! Tonight its about 5000 acres of land burning in north south and west of where i live, although there is no immediate risk for us, a village about 20miles away with a pop. Of about 250 people is prepared to be evacuated! Here i a pic i took an hour ago on a mountain just 25 minutes away

I am sorry to hear about Sweden's troubles. It is not an accident. Nor is it a natural occurrence. https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...on-chemtrails/
Skywatch Sweden
You are not dealing with a "wild" fire !
Forest Fires at a Glance: Facts, Figures and Trends in the EU 13
About 95% of the forest fires in Europe are caused by people. ( Javlar )

http://www.efimed.efi.int/files/atta...n_paper_15.pdf

Your best protection is Knowledge. We have Hawaii as an example of unnatural maniplulation also !

“Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.” – William S. Cohen, U.S. Secretary of Defense, 1997 Invisible Warfare ? Geophysical Weapons of the Secret Government ? Paranoia Magazine

It is an ongoing war against Humanity ! https://www.aircrap.org/2017/10/13/c...nergy-weapons/

Old 07-17-2018, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Wow! Stay safe!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

We have had/do have a number of wild fires here in Colorado and across the west. Closest was about 10 miles due south of the house, burned 1400 acres and 8 houses and a number of outbuildings (we live in the foothills of the Rockies between the front range and the divide).

Most of the fires here have been started by lightning and the others by humans. Very stupid humans I might add. One fellow started a fire about 75 miles south of us, has burned over 100,000 acres and over 140 homes. He's been in jail for a couple of weeks and is facing over 140 counts of first degree arson. Odds are he'll die in prison...hopefully.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:02 AM

At least these fires were caused by lightning, some areas are so remote firefighters are struggling to get there! But with this dry summer i guess it would be enough with a cracked piece of glass or something to start a fire... Today two planes that can carry 1500 gallons of water are arriving from Italy to water bomb the area 👍

Last edited by Freewheel; 07-18-2018 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:48 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I have seen hot and dry summers in the North before. Hopefully the fronts start to move a bit more in the next week.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:19 PM

I'm still alive over here, most of the fires are still not under control, and they have also spread alot, so now they raging roughly 30000 acres just in our area, (altogether wildfires are roaring aver 50000 acres, an area 5 times bigger than stockholm, the swedish capitol) thats bad in a country where the government has spent the last 35 years cutting down everything! For example the swedish defense sold out our big twin rotor helicopters to USA (you bastards 😉 ) so now we have to lend both helicopters, waterbombing planes and firefighters from all over europe, which mean we'll have to wait (and let it burn) for about 48 hours before backup arrives... It's silly season
Well well, this has very little to do with offroading, but even event companies organizing quad bike tours, are banned from riding in the woods now, due to the risk of starting fires, and yesterday police arrested a guy for throwing out a cigarette from his car! 🚬

Quick Reply: Off Roading in Sweden