Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Silly Jeeps.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Okay so I hopped onto google maps lol did some looking around, yes it is Victoria and Fountain.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just an FYI, in the future try not to pull someone out while you are in reverse.

Looks like you all had a fun time and getting stuck is just all part of the fun!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Beginning Member
nogi is on a distinguished road

looks fun do you know of any more spots to wheel in the area I'm from Milton

Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AJBert
Just an FYI, in the future try not to pull someone out while you are in reverse.
why not?

Originally Posted by nogi
looks fun do you know of any more spots to wheel in the area I'm from Milton
hello neighbour. you have a few areas in Milton that are pretty good for wheelin' too. up near that conservation park, can't remember the name right now. it's near the West end.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=old skool luvr;263395]why not?
The gears in the front and rear diffs are not made to have the most contact when in reverse, thus allowing a greater probability massive failure. The gears have the most contact, thus being stronger, in a forward gear.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm..........ok. seems strange that they would be designed like that, when they're engineered to act like a lock up when driven in reverse.
i wonder if all of GM's diff's are like that? i always found it easier to haul out someone in reverse with my K5.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Starting Member

I dont have a hitch so I had no other choice to use reverse. And my reverse worked better then their foreward motions lol.

And theres a place between Highway 6 and Townline road. Lots of fun trails. If your coming from Milton towards Cambridge, get off at 6 and head towards Hamilton. Turn right down 1st Concession, keep driving till you see a trail on the left side of the road. There will be powerlines throughout the field and you can clearly see the trails from the road. Much fun throughout there theres some nice hills.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 AM
BF Guru

sounds like we need to set up a play day.

with the frost mornings starting, it might be better to wait for someone with a winch. i've almost gotten buried playing on days like that once the sun comes out.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Starting Member

Lol im definitely down for a play date, may even convince the jeep to come out and play and a friend of mine should be getting a Jeep YJ soon lifted and such so it should be fun. I havnt been out since this day so I havnt had the chance to get stuck.